“Great place”

Tryst Coffee House and Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Adams Morgan
Reviewed 13 October 2015 via mobile

Everytime when I'm in Washington, I'm having breakfast at Tryst. Even though it is a 20 Min walk from the hotel I'm staying.
I really enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, great caffee and food, free wifi and outdoor seating.
Service is not always on the same level but still good.

1  Thank Stefan79

Reviewed 9 October 2015

We looked forward to a pleasant lunch at the Tryst Cafe in the Phillips Museum. It was a major disappointment. My wife ordered a turkey sandwich on whole grain--they ran out of both turkey and bread! We both had the tomato kale chickpea soup, which was not very good. The broth was thin (tasted like the juice from canned tomatoes) and overly salted and spiced. I also counted 5 chickpeas in a large bowl of soup. Not a pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed 9 October 2015 via mobile

Just strolled past and fancied lunch. Went in and was not disappointed. Good food and friendly staff. Some reviews have said staffing is poor. We find them friendly and helpful but in no rush to pressure us into ordering or leaving once we'd had our fill. Great all ground.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

Always excellent food. The service is good albeit, a little slow from time to time. However, they don't bug you for your table and it is a great place to meet up with friends!

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

We enjoyed an evening snack here while strolling through Adams Morgan. My smoothie hit the spot and the hummus tray was tasty too. Sitting outside is great for taking in the parade of folks.