“Pumpkin chunk”
Review of Pocono Mountains

Ranked #1,888 of 2,883 things to do in Pennsylvania
More attraction details
Owner description: A treasured mountain resort area that appeals to honeymooners, sports enthusiasts and shoppers.
Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

I have been wanting to go to a pumpkin chunk event ever since I realized such a thing existed. We drove to pocono raceway where the event was being held. About an hour and a half ride but not too bad. The gas and rest stop area in Allentown was a good place to stop for an auntie Anne's pretzel on the way. They also have a Starbucks and Roy Rogers there too. If your into fall foliage this is a good ride to take. Most of the trees had already turned color. And the drive to the raceway is a back country winding road. The event was held on the grounds of the raceway next to the parking lot. They had catapults of different sizes man propelled , and mechanical. As soon as I walked up I heard a thwack! And what sounded like an f14 flying overhead. It was an 8 lb pumpkin! This thing was flung with some furious force! I was immediately hooked. How do these things work, could I build one, could we have a team for next year? Very Kool. Not many people there. Very calm atmosphere. Snacks and pumpkin painting for the kids. Also a human size pumpkin chucker that you could load a fire yourself.( a giant sling shot). Not many chain places to eat nearby so we drove ten miles down the road to the tanners ville outlets. I would like to go back to the area and check out some antique shops or outdoor shedding places.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

waterparks i have to admit very fun but lifeguard are horrible i say. I was going to a waterslide and next thing you know the life guard came and saw me and HE LEFT> what the heck is up with that tat is so rude!!! My dad awaits i feeling so embaressed proabaly something wrong with me and he says we could go. Like i dont know to we can fall off if were in the wrong position and i was scared. also this ride was a orange one. by the way i love tornado slide and the hotel rooms. very comftorable they clean so good its just that in the night you are always hearing running and loud noises so disturbing. I also hate some staffs are overprotective. And yelling at kids. BUt people are very nice mostly and buffet is delicious altohough expensive

Reviewed 29 July 2015

We had attended a wedding there July 18. It was the worst event we have ever been to. There were 150 people. they made us wait over 45 minutes to go into the cocktail party. then they had one 6 foot table for the cheese and crackers for 150 guests! it was a mad house and hot as heck. They had no clean up people or an y garbage cans, the server said she was busy passing snacks and they were short staffed. we all couldn't wait to go upstairs to the reception for air conditioning. we arrived upstairs. It was cool upon arrival but soared to 93 degrees on our phones. They had a total of 5 staff for 150 guest. they forgot to bring out the champagne for the toast so the wedding couple had to toast with water. They had stated their staff had quit. The food was awful. Very very unorganized affair. It was very sad to see the wedding couple so upset with their special day that Memory town ruined for lack of professionalism and planning. You would think for a catering facility they would know how to conduct a wedding for that amount of guests. if they could not then they needed to decline the event. Shame on them.
I do understand things happen as no one is perfect. but this was a perfect storm. Maybe others will have better luck as everyone makes mistakes.

1  Thank centercityguy
Reviewed 14 June 2015

Knob road on top of Pocono Mountain in PA. AAA said there was a great overlook at the end of this road. It would have been great if the small trees and tall weeds would have been cut down. You can not see more than 100 feet.