“The best way to see the Middle Fork!”

Middle Fork of the Salmon River
Ranked #19 of 655 things to do in Idaho
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The 105-mile stretch of the Salmon River cuts through a highly inaccessible and untamed part of Idaho's rugged countryside.
Reviewed 16 December 2011

My trip with Middle Fork River Expeditions this August was fantastic. Talented, fun and professional guides, great food, and one of the most beautiful places on earth. I would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed 11 November 2011

We appreciate partnering with Middle Fork Expeditions for our annual kayaking clinic.
Land Heflin
Tarkio Kayak Adventures

Reviewed 10 November 2011

For anyone interested in a once in a life time trip, the week long river trip we did with James and Co down the Middle Fork was one of the most remarkable weeks of my life. I've traveled the world, and I've been on many different river trips, so I'd consider myself a fairly credible source. James and his team were professional, personable, knowledgeable, and down right fun. They were great company, they took care of every detail, and each day was better than the next. Our trip culminated with a silent hike up to Veil Falls...one of the most breathtaking waterfalls I've ever seen in my life. We saw golden eagles, ospreys, blacks bears, otters, and mountain goats among the plethora of wildlife found along this stretch of the river. I could not recommend this trip more highly. I am already planning on going with these guys again on another trip.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

you will not find a better river trip experience than this. do not pass up the opportunity if you have a chance to go. james and his guides provide everything you need.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

In July of 2010 we put together a group of friends for the 6 day rafting trip on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River, and luckily we had MFRE and James Ellsworth as our guides. That trip was so successful that, the following July, WE BOOKED THE SAME TRIP AGAIN! With MFRE, there was not one detail that was overlooked - from fabulous food (roast beef on day 5?!) to really fun stories/evening activities to amazing side trips to high calibre, fun and compassionate guides - all in very professionally organized, safe, and experienced comfort.

1  Thank cathy c