Review Highlights
Average accommodations in a beautiful setting

We were in town for a bridal shower. This was our first visit to the area and we wanted to stay in... read more

Reviewed 30 August 2018
Amy C
Snow Island- Lots of fun

I have been to Lake Lanier Islands many times and Legacy Lodge. This is our first time to Snow... read more

Reviewed 7 January 2019
jpadamson427
Atlanta, Georgia
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Georgia
from USD 18.51
from USD 16.34
from USD 27.50
from USD 43.51
More Info
All reviews legacy lodge family reunion water slides beautiful lake zip lining lots of fun bullfrog buford conference stables
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here 2x for business. The first was in a cottage. The grounds are nice and the two bedroom cottage is nice enough, but this resort has several major issues. First, the burner of my stove top would not turn off and I had to call maintenance. Then, two of my colleagues found large bugs (look like cockroaches) in their rooms (cottage and main building). On my 2nd visit, I asked for a room that was recently sprayed for bugs and was basically belittled by the staff person. My room then had a dirty toilet (photo). I never did see a bug in my room but was not exactly comfortable knowing they are quite common in the rooms and the staff not being sympathetic at all.

Date of experience: October 2017
2  Thank kimjim
Reviewed 17 July 2018

First time to this area and this Lake. We had only seen pictures and we were all wowed with this beautiful lake. So clean you could drink the water ( we didn't ) but the entire area was pristine. Well run and well planned. Nothing like a beach in a freshwater lake where kids can swim safely. We had the best time and would travel 10 hrs to go there again, Boat rentals were reasonable and easy to get to. Boat ramps free in several areas around the lake. We were there over 4th of July and it was busy but not overwhelming. Had the best time. Great holiday destination for anyone.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Upon entering, I was feeling lost... this could have been avoided if I had been offered a map in exchange for my $10 car fee. I wanted my son and I to get a bite to eat before the fireworks show 4 hours later. The girl who collected the car fee said there were restaurants on the beach, but where was the beach?
I followed the parade of cars further into the resort. I was directed by a worker to park in a lot up on a hill (what I didn't know is that I was parking at the furthest point from the restaurants) As expected, this resort was very crowded on the 4th, but my son and I worked our way through it to get to the food...
When we got to the "restaurants", I discovered that the park was understaffed for the event, and we would be waiting in line for at least 45 minutes to get a $7 burger on a paper plate... no thanks!
We were about to leave and go home when another visitor told me to try the restaurants at "The Lodge". We went back to the car and drove to the other side of the park to the "Lodge". There, we received complimentary valet parking, and a choice of 2 very nice restaurants... we chose "Bullfrogs".
Bullfrogs is an air-conditioned, clean, sit-down restaurant with outstanding service. The food was delicious and about the same price as you would pay for dinner at Chilli's. While their menu is not extensive, it is far beyond the "$7 burger on a paper plate." One note... If you want to go there, you must have on clothes- no bathing suits.
Our waiter, Josh, was very helpful with making suggestions. My son had a pizza and I had the Southwestern salad with chicken. Both were perfect portions and full of flavor.
After dinner, Zach retrieved my car and was careful to make sure I knew how to get back to the "beach" for the fireworks. My son and I drove over, but parked in a different lot (recommended by Zach). From there, we were able to see the show from the back of my car. (I have severe back issues and walk with a cane, so this was especially helpful!)
At the beginning of the visit, it seemed like I had made a mistake in bringing my son there to watch fireworks; however, thanks to Josh, Zach, and the kind stranger who suggested the Lodge, the evening turned into a memory for my son and I to cherish.
Best advice I can give?... Ask the person collecting the car fees for a map!

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank D6894RVandreab
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We stayed here for three nights, and I couldn't recommend it more! We had an epic spot by the water, and though the campground needs a little love (the roads are a little cracked, but who cares about that), the scenery is to die for! And it's so close to the resort. You have to drive a couple of minutes, but we didn't mind!

The water is warm, the treed campsites are rustic in the best way possible. And the camp host? He's EPIC! I don't remember his name, but he made our stay so much better. We ran out of supplies one night, and he brought us some more - for free! Then, a raccoon ate through the wire in our RV, and he came over and saudered it all together. It looked like a professional job. Plus he was super duper nice.

Highly recommend for families, couples, and even rowdies. It's got something for everyone.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank Haley C
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Camping on site 151 on the blue ridge campground. Picnic table is broken, the fire pit is far away from the site, the noise is awful. Music was very loud out on the lake past 2am.
There was no campground host to answer any questions and no phone line to get in contact with anyone. There was a lot of trash on our site as well. I would not recommend camping on the blue ridge campground.

Date of experience: June 2018