8,175 results
All reviews snack bar pizza fish italian restaurant beer garden cigar lounge water shoes chicken a la carte restaurants hot dogs fries aqua bar paddle boats two weeks sand fleas new section picky eater
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is absolutely fantastic. The staff are so friendly everyone from the buffet staff, snack bar staff, pool attendants, cleaning staff, the gardeners, the cooks, bar staff they are always pleased to see you and will do their best to make your stay enjoyable. The food is fantastic, you will never go hungry here even if you are a fussy eater (which I am not). If things run short just amend what you are wanting eg no tonic for your gin have a beer or rum or even try gin n lemonade. I am a single traveller and my first visit was November 2016. I am returning in January 2019 for what will be my 5th visit and I cant wait. I always said it is a big world with plenty to see but at this hotel I have found my home from home. The staff here work their backsides off, talk to them and appreciate what they are doing for you, a smile and a simple thank you go along way - and that applies to anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: Upstairs corner room
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank sa65car
YanetDR, Sales Executive at Hotel Playa Costa Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Greetings from Playa Costa Verde

Thank you very much for taking your time to give us your opinion regarding our resort.

Hope to see you at Playa Costa Verde once again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I would like to start by giving, we love you Yanet Diaz Ricardo from Sales and I would like to give her a VERY VERY VERY special THANK YOU!! From the bottom of my heart, Yanet from the very beginning to the very END, has been and will always be incredibly amazing!!!
Yanet is so helpful, extremely patient, understanding, and as sweet as ice cream! OMG, she was one of the reason we decide to visit Playa Costa Verde but once we got there, we came across so many other that are so much like her, willing to go the extra mile in making our stay as wonderful as it was!!

Special thanks to Jose director or food and beverage who made sure we had the best from the best, when it came to all the food. I think I gained 10lb and loved it !!

Playa Costa Verde Resort CUBA had everything from day time activities, food around the clock, night club entertainment, very spacious rooms and WOW CLEAN, probably one of the BEST resorts we have been to in CUBA !!!! and I have been to ALOT..

Thank you for inviting all of my family to a VERY special VIP dinner, that was far beyond my expectations! There were dancers, live music, excellent service along with a mouth water lobster dinner, that was made to perfection and let me not forget the birthday cake, they made for us in honor of our birthday celebration. I could go on and on but how great of a time we had but I would rather you experience this place for yourself because we won't be disappointed.. GO AND VISIT Playa Costa Verde

Room Tip: Very spacious rooms and excellent food
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank essencetoo

Greetings from Playa Costa Verde,

It is rewarding to read your comments about our hotel. We are so happy because we always work to satisfy our clients and to leave them good memories of their time here.
Hope to see you at Playa Costa Verde once again.

Best Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been home from my holiday for over three weeks, and have given the holiday great consideration. There was 6 of us three adults and three children. The accommodation we ok as we shared accommodation over 2 rooms, the cafe by the pool was useless, for the whole 2 weeks we were there, no hot dogs and no burgers, and wHATt does children want lunch times is hot dogs and burgers WHERE WERE THEY GOD KNOWS.
IT would have been nice to have lemon or lime in a gin and tonic,no where to be seen.
The attitude of some of some of the staff was what ever. The large pool was closed while we were there which we were informed. But the other pool was appalling our eldest grandson his age is 11, cut his foot in the pool, so there was blood all over the paving round the pool, and I asked the staff at the pool would sliuce the blood away, and they looked at me,as though I had two heads, so needless to say nothing was done the entertainment round the pool was so boring they just as while not bothered. One of the reps was not interested in our complaints, but that is ok, but people read, and do they come back,! I THINK THERE SHOULD BE SOME GREAT IMPROVEMENT, OR PEOPLE WILL STOP RETURNING TO THIS HOTEL WHERE THE MANAGEMENT DON'T LUSTEN,
. V

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are much better
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank christinekingston45

Greetings from Playa Costa Verde,

We appreciate your review and we really sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced.Thank you for your appreciation of our services, we will inform the management team to evaluate your comment.

We are really sorry you have this opinion about our Resort. We always recommend to our guests that if they have any complain about our services, they can give us their review while they are at the hotel. This way we can work to solve them. Many persons visit us every year, and most of them really love our resort. But as unique individuals we are, not everyone thinks the same way. Maybe, what someone saw as something great of our hotel, another person considered it to be a negative feature.

After 17 years of operation, Playa Costa Verde needs to carry out this kind of renovations (pool renovation) to refresh the image we give to our clients. As we always do, when the hotel has a renovation we inform to the TTOO, and they inform the clients in advance.

We hope you give us the pleasure to return to Playa Costa Verde so that we have the opportunity to restore your confidence in our service.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A great place for a holiday, staff very pleasant and helpful ,apart from reception where everything seems to much trouble. The big pool all tidied up with its new lights etc. The bedrooms badly need updating, although they were clean and tidy. The thing that has bugged me the various times we have been there the FOOD they mainly have a hot water system that heats the food, now either that is not being used properly or it needs upgrading to hot plate to keep the food warm. I would suggest an investment in some microwaves at least the guest would be able to get to warm food. Please please don't let yourself down get it sorted and I think your ratings would improve.

Room Tip: room near the corner bar is good
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 698spike21

Greetings from Playa Costa Verde

We would like you to receive our appreciation for writing your comments on the trip advisor. Thanks for the positive comments, and to mention the negative points. We will inform the department heads and the management team. For us the satisfaction of our clients is the most important goal.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Will keep this review short and to the POINT.

Will this place ever get a refurb and as for the rooms Butlins/Pontins in the 70s/80s/90s were better, what a dump, air con not working and leaking.

We read about the choices of food (WHERE) it was the same most days in the buffet and tasteless, we can say there was plenty but cant describe what some of it was the birds liked it so that was a bonus for them.

Swimming pools, we were told the main pool has just been repaired, pity the hotel cant say that about the small pool (where the nets are) missing tiles and dirty. Litter just left all around the pool areas with staff not taking any interest.

Snack bar running out of food along with shortage of bottled water, thank our lucky stars there is a small shop there where you can BUY it !!! along with bottled and canned beer as the hotels beer corner didnt have enough and never had the supplies.

Beach is very nice !!! and becomes very peaceful when the locals have disappeared, what on earth is going on with people pestering you for things all day and nothing being done about it.

Al a cartes.

We were told there was a steak house never open.

Japanese was interesting the food wasn't that bad BUT as for the temperature inside might be an idea to do some maintance on the air con and get it working.

Italian food was good to a degree.

Cuban restaurant again food was OK but nothing to shout about.

Cant understand why the entertainment team or hotel staff allowed a quest to become a complete nuisance and distraction whilst they were performing, our children were watching and the same can be said when in the main pool during the day a total lack of respect to others and hotel.

The grounds are very well kept and nice in apperance.

Love the birds nesting in the buffet and lobby bar area that became interesting to say the least.

Some of the staff are pleasent and take time to chat with you BUT some can be rude and demanding.

Our advice to others do you home work there is better in Cuba and surrounding area and dont get sucked into the "its the poor Cuba topic" it isnt there are plenty of restaurants serving fresh food and tasty food outside of the resort and plenty to see and do.

Third and LAST VISIT !!! Enough is Enough

Room Tip: Dont bother there is better.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
9  Thank denwiser

Greetings from Playa Costa Verde,

We already share your comment with our management team. Every day we meet and discuss the opinions that our clients give us. To improve our work in this way.

Kind regards,