“Top Tip - Best Mojitos - Best Host”
Review of Villa La Roca

Villa La Roca
Ranked #2 of 41 Holguin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 April 2017

We booked the olace for four days to make daytrips in the area.After our roundtirp through the east we turned back for some more days.
The rooms are nice and really clean. Sarah is a great cook, dinner was delicious all the days.
Daniel is the best host, you can find. He managed the booking of the casas during your roundtrip and everything was really great.
If we return to Cuba some day, we will stay there by Daniel!!!
Thanks a lot Daniel, we had a wonderful time in Cuba.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We booked to stay our first night in Cuba with Daniel after landing in Holguin. We had hired a car, so drove to Villa La Roca which, whilst a little way out of town, is easy to find located just off the main north/south road.
Despite being early, Daniel greeted us like old friends and showed us straight to our room. Daniel was an absolute star, he arranged accommodation for us in Havana with his friends (another spotlessly clean, friendly and comfortable home), taxis to and from the airport, and helped us rearrange our plans minimising the risk of missing our flight home - tip: don't rely on domestic flights!

We had an evening meal, which was one of our best for the whole fortnight we were in Cuba and both breakfasts (after Daniel was able to squeeze us in for our last night after our change of plans) were delicious.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2017

If you fly into Holguin you can do no better than start your trip at one of Daniel's two houses and let him organise the rest. He's a real enthusiast and will not let you down. We stayed in the smaller house at the start of our trip, which has the advantage of being nearer town, and Villa La Roca on the last night. Both are very clean, comfortable and are staffed by lovely ladies who provide excellent breakfast and dinners. At 25 cuc for a double room we could have asked no more. Cheers, Daniel.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TimW24
Reviewed 6 January 2017

Set slightly out of the town, a good 20 minute walk or a 5 mins on the local transport. But is quite and clean, the family are friendly and keen to assist and will try and and direct you to whatever it is you want to do.

I stayed here on my arrival and departure point for the airport only. it has certainly made me want to stay in the area a little longer next time. did prefer the room with the balcony but the other room on my 2nd stay allowed me access to the veranda area so win either way.

Breakfast and food great, it would be more competitive eating outside but cant beat the fried banana crisps, so it was worth it. Good company from all.

Loved lala (the dog) couldn't get her in my handbag, even though we tried! A family home, loved it. If you are looking budget room without any hassle its a good place.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Lorrainejth
Reviewed 22 December 2016

In planning my trip to Holguin I was referred by two different friends about Villa La Roca and its owner Daniel. I was also impressed by recent reviews. Daniel has several rooms and I was surprised to make a late reservation for a week so close to my departure. I emailed Daniel direct and he responded immediately. He arranged my airport pick up and drop off as well as my daily excursions around the area. He speaks great english and even helped me with my bad spanish grammar. The place is spotless, breakfasts were great, as well as a few dinners. He has a great staff around him. He knows all the best restaurants. I used one of his taxi drivers (Oscar with '48 Chevy with A/C) to visit Playa Guardalavac, Gibara, Loma de la Cruz, and Biran (Fidel"s Birthplace). After many trips to Cuba, Holguin was the first place I never felt I was getting overcharged for restaurants, taxis, and casas. I simply relaxed there and Daniel helped make that happen. I will be back.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank HavanaMike
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holguin
50 km away
#10 of 11 in Holguin
4.9 km away
Villa Islazur Mirador de Mayabe
109.6 km away
Hotel Roc Santa Lucia (Ex Gran Club)
Hotel Roc Santa Lucia (Ex Gran C...
#1 of 4 in Playa Santa Lucia
50.7 km away
Brisas Guardalavaca Hotel
Brisas Guardalavaca Hotel
#2 of 3 in Guardalavaca

Been to Villa La Roca? Share your experiences!