“Numero Uno in Trinidad!”

Restaurante Carmelina de la Paz
Ranked #62 of 126 Restaurants in Trinidad
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Restaurant el Barrie is a pearl amongst the many places to go in Trinidad. Their food is gorgeous and the Mojito is just delightful. The restaurant is an oasis, you can sit quietly and enjoy your meal in the beautiful, cosy, and clean environment.
Went there a lot of times, absolutely the best restaurant in town. Always the best service with nice and friendly staff, and the chef prepares the menu you choose with care and skill, and it is presented very nicely.
They have lots of sea food - you should try the lobster, it is incredibly tasty, but there is a variety of other dishes to choose from. Also their pork dishes are mouth watering! And don´t miss the freshly made juice in many varieties - just what you need on a hot day in Trinidad!
I surely can recommend el Restaurant Barrie as the Numero Uno restaurant in Trinidad!
Jens, Brønderslev, Denmark

1  Thank Jens C

Reviewed 12 May 2013

This excellent restaurant is highly recommendable. We stayed 4 weeks in Trinidad and celebrated our 25th anniversary at the beautiful colonial style Restaurant Barrie. It was an amazing night, the owners and the staff had created a fantastic frame for our fiesta with flowers, candles and decorations. The food was most delicious and presented beautifully; the chef and his crew fulfilled all our wishes. Even a formidable wedding cake was served. The service was friendly and qualified, and the very competent musicians played a variety of cuban songs. We danced in the restaurant as well as in the patio. All the time there was a warm and friendly athmosphere.
It was a wonderful night that we will never forget!
We also went there a lot of times to dine or to have a pizza at lunch - never tasted any better! (and not only in Cuba..) The menu is fine, and they do their utmost to find what you require. Without a doubt they make the best Piña Colada, simply a treat! And it is served with a smile :)
This restaurant is beyond any doubt our favorite in entire Cuba, and we can recommend it for families, parties, or just for a nice break when you are visiting this amazing city. Don´t miss it!
You´ll find the restaurant near the bus station - a bit off the main street, but surely worth the extra 5 minutes of walk.

Lisbeth Spanggaard, Denmark

1  Thank Lisbeth S
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Barrié is THE restaurant in Trinidad! In this elegant but at the same time cozy family-run restaurant, the food is absolutely delicious and the service is excellent. As a bonus, you will be entertained by a group of cheerful and highly skilled musicians with an impressive repetoire of traditional Cuban songs.
A visit to Barrié is the quintessence of everything I love about Cuba, and I can only give my best recommendations to this beautiful place owned by the truly warm-hearted family De La Paz.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Hello, last month I visited Trinidad and, after sneacking around, I found this amazing spot in the central region of Cuba. Their service is pretty exquisite and they prepare one-of-a-kind meals. I recommend this place to the ones seeking for real mouth-watering dishes and good and refreshing beverages within a tropical country.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Wow I am so impressed that I can't wait for coming back and taste the excellent food this amazing people can do, hey guys I truly recommend this place to have eat in any hour !! thanks to Barrie's Restaurant for its amazing services. I will back again as soon as I can.