“Delicious”
Review of The Local

The Local
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We ended up at The Local for two reasons...it had been recommended to us by a local and Man O' War has run out of their rosé after a busy Easter weekend and suggested we might find some there.

We are English so we know what we like when it comes to fish and chips and I know my kiwi cousins don't like the chips from English chippies so I was unsure at first.

However, the staff were very friendly and happy to recommend items from the menu. My husband is now a convert to snapper and I loved the wild boar battered sausage.

I'll even admit that we went twice during our trip to Waiheke! I would definitely recommend it here!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had dinner here on a recent visit to the island and were quite impressed with our meal. We had a table on the balcony which has lovely views down over Oneroa Bay. We had planned to take our fish and chips away but couldn't resist eating them on the balcony with a beer! The service was great, lovely friendly staff; and the food was really good - fish, chips, calamari and potato fritters, all very delicious. The sauces were all small packages which wasn't great but they did have bottles of vinegar which is a must for an English person like myself! Overall great experience.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I remember this place from years ago when I visited and again it didn’t disappoint Recommend the fish burger :) Reasonable price, lovely views on a nice day

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We stopped here for a quick lunch. It's a small restaurant and most tables are outdoors. Fish and chips served in newspaper - very tasty and reasonably priced. We also had some cider which was also good. View is very nice and it was a lovely day. Seating is limited and not the most comfy, which is the reason this is a 4 and not a 5.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Great location and very fair prices. The sauces are all extra and small portions. The man working the counter was also making the food so that was impressive! The outdoor seating has a great view. Fast service. All food comes wrapped in paper.