“Something different and unexpected” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Full-Day Waiheke Island Food and Wine Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ananda Tours is a specialist Waiheke Island Tour Company with over 15 years experience in customised, unique tour experiences. We offer personalised, flexible itineraries designed to showcase the best of the Island’s natural beauty, vineyards and art culture. Discover Waiheke Island’s award-winning boutique wineries and locally produced gourmet delights, while enjoying an informed commentary by one of our professional, local guides. Small groups and personalised service ensure you get the most out of your Waiheke experience.Half and full day tours available.
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Something different and unexpected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Hey these guys were awesome - we had a tailor-made experience which took us to some of the harder to reach or not so popular wineries which was a real treat given that any other day you can visit the standard cellar doors if you please (if you're Auckland based). The driver 'Nigel' was a great island historian full of informative facts and had a great sense of humor. This is the second time over 3 years I have toured Waiheke with Ananada and from pick-up to drop-off they smooth out the edges and make it a really pleasant and fun day and deal with all the admin for you!! You rock Ananda! I would defo recommend them and would be proud to have then represent any overseas visitors to a unique part of our country. Thanks again :o)

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Awesome team building tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Thanks Nigel and Eve for an awesome tour to MudBrick, Man-o-War and Passage Rock, great wines and awesome lunch at Charlie Farley's not to mention the bus trip around the island with amazing views ... will be over with the family soon, see ya then. Fantastic team day out and well worth it!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Was a very relaxing and enjoyable day lead by a professional tour guide.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

It was very well handled and made for a relaxing and informative day. Highly recommended.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Lovely tour, Waiheke is beautiful and some of the wines are delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Paul, our guide, was interesting and funny, and we visited some lovely and interesting wineries.
We had at lunch at Te Whau (pronounced Te Fau) which was the best meal we had in New Zealand with spectacular views.
Kennedy point was a nice estate and the wine there was delicious too.

Singapore, Singapore
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Wine and Food tour without the food. Lots of rushing and a tour guide who can't wait to knock off at 4pm”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Was booked on the Gourmet Wine and Food Tour but did not get any food. When I asked the tour guide about it, he sounded surprised and tried to talk his way out of it. Only after not being able to describe what the company offers on Gourmet Wine and Food tours did he realise that he should quit bluffing and call his boss. After visiting the second vineyard, he came back to say that my wife and I were indeed on the Gourmet Food and Wine tour ... and of course, still no sign of gourmet food that was promised on the brochure (and the other guest in the same tour group was booked on the Essence of Wine Tour). I did not want to make a scene, so I just left things as they were and carried on with the tour.
We were then dropped off at a lovely vineyard for lunch (Lunch at the Mudbrick is a must!!). The tour guide said that we would get to taste some wine with our lunch but again, this didn't materialize. When I told the tour guide about it after lunch, he said that there was nothing he could do about it ("It isn't my problem to sort this out. It's my boss' problem. I will tell her about it and you should write to her to ask for a refund.").
We were then rushed off to the ferry terminal because the guide was rushing to pick up his teenage son on the 4 pm ferry. The rushing from point to point was a characteristic of the tour.
When we got back to the hotel, I wrote to the company about the experience and was hopeful that someone would explain what happened (I didn't ask for a refund as suggested by the tour guide). But I haven't heard from them after more than a week.

Visited January 2012
3 Thank TropicalKwek
anandajenny, Owner at Ananda Tours, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thankyou for taking the time to review our tours on Waiheke Island.
I am extremely sorry your tour experience was disappointing and did not live up to your expectation.
I have searched all our emails and am unable to find any correspondence from you to our company expressing your concerns about your tour. Had I received such an email I would have responded to you immediately, as I have upon seeing this review on Trip Advisor.
Our company takes pride in show casing Waiheke Island in a relaxed, friendly, flexible manner always going the extra mile for our visitors and guests.

I have refunded your payment in full. Please accept my apologies for a less than perfect day.

Kind regards