“A very pleasant tour of Waiheke Island Wineries”
Review of Ananda Tours

and up
Private Waiheke Scenic Wine and Art Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ananda Tours is a specialist Waiheke Island Tour Company with over 15 years experience in customised, unique tour experiences. We offer personalised, flexible itineraries designed to showcase the best of the Island’s natural beauty, vineyards and art culture. Discover Waiheke Island’s award-winning boutique wineries and locally produced gourmet delights, while enjoying an informed commentary by one of our professional, local guides. Small groups and personalised service ensure you get the most out of your Waiheke experience.Half and full day tours available.
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We really enjoyed our day on Waiheke Island. Work colleagues told me that a trip to Waiheke Island was a must while visiting Auckland and they were right. We were met at the wharf by Steve who was very relaxed and friendly. There were nine people on the tour. We went to three wineries and then had lunch at Mud Brick Winery. I have read trip advisor reviews that say that meals at Mud Brick are very small. It was a very sunny day so we chose to sit outside and have a $60 platter to share. It was very good and all that we needed after a morning of wine tasting. The view back to Auckand was spectacular. Main courses inside the restaurant were $50 and didn't have the nice open air feeling. The gardens at Mudbrick were interesting because they grow herbs and vegetables that they use. Steve the tour guide said his brother is the gardener for Mud Brick. We went to Jurassic Ridge Winerey which is owned and run by a very interesting man called Lance who has been a geologist and a neurologist before becoming a wine maker. We ordered a case of his wine and if you have a choice of which wineries to go to I would recommend his. This tour was the highlight of our trip to Auckand and Steve says his business is small and family owned which made it better. We saw the buses for Fullers Tours who also run the ferry and were very pleased that we hadn't chosen one of there tours. The Auckand CBD didn't seem very interesting so we would highly recommend a trip to Waiheke especially if it is a sunny day.

Reviewed 11 May 2011

The Island is beautiful and the tour is well worth the price. We wouldn't have seen all the wineries and sceneries by ourselves. The guide loves Waiheke and wine... and it shows. Thanks!

1  Thank zabie
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I went through Ananda Tours for a Waiheke wine tour for my sister’s hens day in April 2011, and all I can say is Ananda Tours were outstanding.

I live overseas, so organized the whole thing via email and the entire Ananda Tours team were friendly, extremely helpful, flexible and accommodating.

With their help I organized a full day tour that took us to three unique and all very beautiful vineyards around Waiheke (Mudbrick, Kennedy Point and Peacock Sky) before we ended up at the Passage Rock vineyard for a long lunch and more wine!

Upon arrival at Waiheke by ferry, we were picked up by our extremely friendly driver/ guide Steve and shuttled around the island in our own private coach (we had a group booking of 13 people).

Each of the vineyards we visited were stunning (like all of Waiheke!), and each had distinct and interesting features (such as outstanding views at Mudbrick, a tour of the vineyard/ wine making area at Kennedy Point, and food/wine matching at Peacock Sky).

All of the tastings were very generous, with plenty of wine for all and the staff at each of the vineyards were really friendly - with one even giving the “hen” a little wedding pressie!

The tour was also very reasonably priced for the service we received – a full day out, private transport all around the island, all wine tastings included, and an outstanding setting to enjoy time with friends.

We even requested to make some changes to the initial tour proposed by Ananda’s team (such as the final venue for lunch and a later departure time to allow more time for lunch), and they accommodated these changes with no extra cost or hassle.

All and all, it was the perfect day out. Thank you very much to the whole Ananda Tours team!

I would highly recommend Ananda Tours for anyone wanting to enjoy the best that Waiheke has to offer.

Reviewed 14 March 2011

Fantastic way to spend a day. We booked them through the Hilton, with no extra charge...The Concierge lauded Ananda due to the small groups they take and we're the spot on! We had Jude Collins as a tour guide and she was solid.

Jude selected three fantastic vineyards, which included lunch at Muddbricks (paid separately), a truly spectacular vineyard, with incredible views and ambiance - a treasure. Also stopped by Peacock Sky vineyard - another 'strongly recommend". We showed up on the ferry, Jude was on the pier with our names on a sign - our tour began in a new / clean 9 person van - however there was only one other couple with us...again, wonderful day.

Reviewed 4 March 2011

My wife and I were in NZ to celebrate our 25th anniversary. I'm not really a "wine person" (she is), but I loved this tour. First, our guide Stuart was the best. He has lived on the island for years and knows everyone and everything about it. We visited Peacock Sky, Wild on Waiheke, Cable Bay, and Mudbrick. Wild on Waiheke was requested by our tourmates; I probably would pass on that one, but the others were amazing. We had lunch at Mudbrick (tasting platter), which I would highly recommend. Just email with them and let them know what wineries you prefer and where you'd like to have lunch, and they'll take care of everything. You could try touring Waiheke on your own, but drinking that much wine, probably not wise. Ananda was the best.