“Thick Uncooked Batter Sludge”
Review of Kiwi Takeaways

Kiwi Takeaways
Ranked #20 of 43 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Fish revolting. Very thick uncooked batter leaving a sludgey paste around a tiny fish fillet. Just revolting. Even if it was to actually be cooked through the batter to fish ratio would have been 3:1 and nothing remotely light and crisp about it.
Chips were ok though.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

I have been here four times and I have resigned myself to making them myself. Actually I would rather go to Subways as I know exactly what I'll get. . .

Reviewed 2 March 2017

The Kiwi side of us ordered the battered fish along with battered mussels.
They even had crumbed fish for the Aussie side of us, it is often difficult to find.

Inexpensive, we enjoyed our take away,

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Gave this 5 stars a number of years ago, so we visited again in the expectation of similar quality. Sadly it was not to be. While the chips were great the fish was far too soggy to be able to enjoy. Must have new owners I expect?

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Everyone had the same idea one wet evening having got off the ferry - go and get fish n chips. But they were organised and unflustered and the food was great!