“It was worth the visit to try the Seafood Chowder!”

Ma Maison Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Akaroa
Price range: USD 1 - USD 100
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Overlooking Dailey's wharf and the Akaroa Harbour, Ma maison is one of Akaroa's hidden gems. The view speaks for itself! Set away from the hustle and bustle, our Restaurant offers a very private dining experience, one to be enjoyed and savoured. Since 2002, Ma Maison has been delighting locals and visitors to Akaroa with the very best cuisine, cocktails and setting. We’re open for Breakfast, Lunch and a la carte Dining from 11am.
Reviewed 14 May 2018

We went to Ma Maison to try there Seafood Chowder for lunch it was beautiful, we were persuaded to try their desserts too, whihc were just as good! Our waiter was lovely, he was very helpful when we asked advise.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Tonight is our last night in Akaroa and we were looking for somewhere special. Ma Maison was perfect! Their food, wine and service were right up there with the very best, but still with a casual feel. Definitely not a cheap night out but excellent value for money. I highly recommend his gem!

1  Thank Isabella B
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Visted with another couple. Wonderful food, absolutely massive servings. My husband and I shared an entre and I ordered an entre as my main meal. Still couldn't manage to try the deserts.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Chose this restaurant for dinner due to its lovely setting on the waterfront. Beautiful to watch the sun go down while eating dinner in the sheltered outside section. We started with the baguette as an entree, which was nice but quite pricy for what it was. I had the beef burger, which was good but not fantastic. My partner had the butter chicken, which he absolutely loved, describing it as probably the best butter chicken he's ever had. On the whole we enjoyed this restaurant, but we found the price to be pretty steep.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful entree choices. Then, Aged Beef, perfectly cooked, melting in my mouth! Creamy smoked garlic! Mmmmmm! The food was so good. Great wine list at reasonable prices too. Very happy!