All reviews stayed nights townhouse bedroom marina noise sleep beds
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We stayed at Callan apartments for a weekend getaway. Its a pleasant walk into Fremantle to restaurants, cafes and all the sites etc. Close enough to walk yet far enough to be away from the noise that can be present among the night life.
On arrival in the evening we were a little worried as, the apartment complex looks a little dingy from the exterior and clearly has a mix of owner/occupier, short and long term rental tenants. It probably wouldn't suite you if you like your hotel luxury from an arrival perspective, which for us is fine and clearly they do not position the product in this way.
Once inside, loved it! Modern furnishings, a lovely view from the window across Fremantle with the ocean in the distance. The place has clearly been renovated and done very tastefully. Its an affordable weekend getaway, with the convenience of a kitchen to prepare your own meals if you prefer.
Easy and polite communication with the owner to arrange access and to answer any questions.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Callan has access to waterfront apartments. Well equipped 2 storey, 2 bedroom, full kitchen, laundry cupboard, dining, lounge area with balcony, bathroom with separate toilet.
Quiet location overlooking boat harbour, ample furniture and equioment to entertain family and friends, convenient to Freo cafes and bars. The beds, sheets and towels were good quality. The bathroom and kitchen, while clean and serviceable, are showing signs of age.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 291mike
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Well, where to begin?. Arrived Friday morning after having to collect the keys that were left in a letterbox a good 10 minute walk from the apartment which is not easy when you are pulling a suitcase. The apartment is on 3 levels and the bedrooms are downstairs.. When I put my bag in the main room I noted a large brown stain on one of the very old bedside lamps. The room was quite cold and I noticed the quilt was thin. The room my son was staying in had no mirror, no head board and the pillows were very old.. I e-mailed the owner and within 30 minutes a lady was knocking on the back door with a blanket and quilt in plastic bags. When I opened the blanket to put on my son's bed there was a dead cockroach. The toilet seat in the main bathroom was broken. The main light in the second bedroom did not work. The light for the hall and stairs had no globe in it therefore coming downstairs meant you had to leave the bathroom light on to see. The leather lounge had marks on it where someone had stood a wineglass on it so I wiped it with a cloth and the cloth was filthy when I finished .The Plantation Shutters were covered in dust throughout and the flyscreen from the main bedroom was dusty and come off its runners.The patio overlooks an overgrown garden with some herbs and backs onto a carpark. The location is good and near a great coffee shop and five minutes from Little Creatures Brewery .I feel if the Townhouse was modernised and some money spent on new furnishings the place would be nice.However, I for one will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't pick the bedroom at the front .It is so noisy from cars and people walking past.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank sydneysider2016
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Shower drain was blocked, feet upto ankles in water whilst showering.

Windows couldn't open so no fresh air to the room.

Top it off- partner left a necklace n bracelet on the bedside only to have the bracelet returned and the necklace which was with it gone missing.

Untrustworthy and would never stay here ever again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 89Voyage
Mary C, Owner at Callan Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Dear Tai,
This is malicious beyond words. I would hope that you keep your promise to never stay with us again. We have noted your name and will never accept a booking from you again. Your behaviour and demeanour is beyond words creepy. I will not demean our company by responding to your accusations.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

My brother and I needed to travel to Perth for research work which took us to Fremantle. The lovely older style two bedroom apartment was great for us to base ourselves with the pier and all the restaurants a short walk up the road and the peaceful water views.

The bedrooms were up stairs and the lounge was a few steps down so people with mobility challenges would struggle. There is ample free parking and the apartment had all the necessities if you wanted to cook or even entertain.

This is definitely a place that I would consider for a family holiday with the kids.

Room Tip: Rooms on the western side have the best sunset views
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business