1,929 results
All reviews valet parking buffet breakfast a park view room pillow menu valet service superior room good size hotel is in a great location across the road little creatures brewery room was large pleasant stay spa bath late check an upgrade mini bar fishing boat harbour
Reviewed 2 November 2016

This hotel is a great place to stay for a holiday or just a weekend away from it all. The location is superb. You can do some sight seeing, visit a cafe, walk along the beach or immerse yourself in some History. All within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel itself caters for all your needs. The rooms are just what you want at the end of the day. Give yourself a treat and try it......you won't be disappointed.

Room tip: We have stayed more than once and all the rooms have been excellent.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Esplanade_Hotel_Freo, Guest Relations Manager at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Thank for taking the to comment on your most recent stay.

Our location is simply the best for explorer Fremantle and it please me to see you made the most of it.

Hope to see you again soon for another excellent stay.

Regards

Paul

Reviewed 1 November 2016

We arrived in the early hours of the morning. The young receptionist was very rude. Our first room was unbelievable. We had hairs (obviously not ours) and the bed sheets were unclean. As we had travelled over 24 hours we tried to get some sleep, sleeping on top of the covers with our clothes on. The smell from the carpet was over powering. We were moved rooms in the morning. On first inspection, the new room looked better. On taking a shower, I noticed black marks on the shower walls. These turned out to be ants coming from the rotten gap in the roof. On asking the management to get rid of them, they sprayed the walls, leaving in the bath the dead ants! Not pleasant. On reading other reviews, it seems that the management think that the problems will be sorted once the renovations have been complete. I'm not so sure! Some basic hygiene and customer service are required such as clean sheets and at least cleaning the dead pests away. It was a disappointing stay to say the least. We will not be revisiting.

Room tip: Ants and dirty bed linen including hairs in the bed
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 983lh
Esplanade_Hotel_Freo, Guest Relations Manager at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

We booked the premiere suite for our 10 year wedding anniversary last weekend and was a disappointed. Our package was pretty good value and included a bottle of sparkling wine on arrival late checkout and room service breakfast. When we got to our room I was a bit underwhelmed. I was expecting a bit of wow factor and had been on the website and although here wasn't really very many photos of the room, I was still expecting something slightly more spectacular. The bottle of sparkling wine that was supposed to be in our room on arrival wasn't even though I had spoken to the staff member on reception about it when I checked it. A further 2 phone calls were needed for it to arrive in our room and when it did it was a bottle of regular white wine not sparkling/champagne. I understand that staff are likely very busy but things should really be in place so thing like this don't go by the way side, as the details of the advertised packages are often why guests choose the hotel. The rose petals on our bed were plastic, not real. We planned to spend the night in and ordered room service which was ok, not great. Foxtel only not movies on demand (that we could find anyway) so was a bit disappointed again. The view from our balcony was almost entirely obstructed by the roof. When we checked in we weren't told we had to fill in the room service form that night so only found it the next morning; luckily the lovely lady in charge or room service took our order for us, so it wasn't a problem. When we checked out the room service was on our bill even though it was supposed to be included. When I pointed it out it was fixed, but it was just another thing that should have been taken care of by the hotel and wasn't. The noise of the air conditioner/hot water system (not sure which it was) was so loud that I couldn't sleep. I had my audiobook on quite loud to try to drown it out but I could still hear it over the top. I didn't get to sleep until after 3am. Like so many parents and people in general we don't have many opportunities to just relax and spend the night at a hotel, and I spent a significant amount of time choosing which hotel to stay in- the $600+ it cost us to stay here for the night was a lot of money for us. It was ok, but I felt let down and a little teary and disappointed, it wasn't what i had hoped for and didn't meet my expectations. Overall the staff were very friendly, the system just didn't work very well. I hope you can fix these issues so the next couple celebrating their anniversary, having saved their hard earned money to do so, don't leave feeling as disappointed and sad as we did.

Room tip: Views from balcony of suite 309 are very obstructed
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Esplanade_Hotel_Freo, Guest Relations Manager at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are very concerned upon reading your comments, if you would like to discuss this further please email paul_adams@evt.com

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Had the best birthday ever staying here. The bed so comfortable,,not one of those let's put 2 singles together to make a king size bed but a fair dinkum one. The service is impeccable and the food delectable. Definitely recommend staying here

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank for your review of the hotel.

Fistly a massive HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you and thank you for sharing this special occasion with us. Rydges have installed dream beds in all our rooms and i couldn't agree more with you, the beds are the beds i have ever experienced.

Hope to see you again soon, before your next birthday.

Regards

Paul

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

On arrival we were shocked at the lack of parking and after paying $280 for a night ( not even with a view) we refused to pay valet parking of $29 so parked across the road for $15... The reception service was just awful , the girl was plain rude and obviously doesn't love her job( we avoided her at checkout ) room was pretty average and I can't see how it's 4 1/2 star (maybe 3 1/2) there was a function downstairs and the noise -music was so loud ! If we had to be up early I would have been very annoyed as it was going until at least 12 ( our room fronted it and all the doors of the function room were open) . Didn't eat breakfast as it was very pricey at $32 per person . Perth really needs to lower their prices as the hotels don't always warrant the high prices !!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback.

We are very concerned upon reading your comments, if you would like to discuss this further please email stephanie_primmer@evt.com