Open today: 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Friendly crew on a Weekend Sunset Cruise in Freo

I had booked this for my husband as a birthday surprise. Whilst they weren't able to accommodate... read more

Reviewed 8 March 2020
nezzle
Perth, Australia
Informal and amusing

We were on a mission to see whales. Not sure if there's a guarantee that you'll see whales or if... read more

Reviewed 7 August 2019
finefoodgirl2016
Sydney, Australia

All reviews sunset cruise lovely trip saw dolphins an amazing experience fruit nibbles broome skipper crew freo
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

My partner booked the cruise for a birthday present which i think he got on a deal website, we shared a bottle of champagne and throughout the sail were served snacks... the sail itself was really beautiful, watching the sunset sailing on a yacht on the open ocean.

Only thing is that drinks on board should be cheaper than what they were asking for and more snacks to go around..

Overall enjoyed the experience.

Date of experience: January 2017
Alex F, General Manager at Starsand Yacht Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Hi Chelly,

My name is Alex and I have recently taken over management of Starsand Yacht Charters.

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience aboard Starsand. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you had a lovely time on our twilight cruise.

In regards to your concerns on our food and beverages, we have made some changes there. We also have a fully licensed bar in which we have adapted the prices.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

We used Starsand Charters after seeing a scoopon deal for their sunset cruise.
$79 for a 2hr cruise including nibbles and seafood snacks. We went as a birthday group, all booking separately.

Firstly, the communication and organisation of the owner was terrible. After various attempts to contact him over the phone and email it was very unclear if the booking had gone through, there was no proper confirmation.
Due to the poor communication some people on our birthday group were unable to attend on the day as the owner said he "never received their emails." Some people had paid him and he still said he had no record of their booking.

The nibbles consisted of, crackers, cut up carrots & celery, chunks of cheese and a dip. The seafood was a smoked salmon baguette, a few prawns and some birds eye oven fish. The whole experience was definitely not worth $79.

The only good thing was the shared bottle of bubbles we received.

I would not recommend this charter, it is way over priced and is not worth the hassle.

Date of experience: November 2016
2  Thank tashch2016
Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

I chartered this boat for a hen party. We did the Carnac Island tour (staying on the yacht) and it was fantastic! Simon, our captain, was really nice, laid back and very accommodating when one of the girls thought she might be late. There were 10 of us on board and everyone had an amazing time. Thank you Simon and his crew.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Bought a scoopon for 3 hours sailing . Disappointed we didn't really go out that far , like others have said you just go up and down the coast line ! Food was really poor, carrot and celery with a dip , some sliced up cheddar and biscuits , supermarket standard prawns with dip and Salmon and cream cheese . Not quite the seafood and canapés we had in mind !! Sparking wine was pretty cheap stuff but went down well and you could buy beers for $10 a bottle on board ( but pricey )
Staff were ok , captain could work on his friendliness though , never spoke to us once ! Be careful with the ropes , I got whacked in the face when the captain decided to do whatever he did with the rope and didn't warn anyone and he was right next to me !!!
On the whole , we had a great evening and value for money at $195 a couple was ok but I would suggest the owners read some of these reviews though and take on board some of the repeated comments which they obviously aren't .

Date of experience: March 2016
4  Thank Mellymelsie
Reviewed 3 March 2016

If you are looking for "quality" or "value for money" this is NOT it. Despite the 3 or 4 people that vomited right next to us ( due to sea sickness which obviously was not their fault at all) -nevertheless, was still definitely a damper on the mood and atmosphere. On arrival, each group/pair were given a bottle of champagne to share, which was served almost at room temperature. The champagne itself, couldn't have been worth more than $10-$15 a bottle. When they served snacks, intermittently, it was cut up bits of cedar cheese, sliced carrot and celery. I go to more effort for myself at home for snacks and I thought a $200 Sunset Cruise on a yacht, would have gone to more effort than that as well but sadly not. I would be embarrassed to serve that to guests if it was me. The other snacks consisted of the same mediocre effort; stale bread with cream cheese and salmon, than cocktail prawns which tasted watery. That is where the food ends unfortunately, if you go there on an empty stomach, you will be hungry by the end of the night. But hey, when there are half a dozen people throwing their guts up in front of you- you're not really hungry anymore anyway.

Date of experience: February 2016