Open today: 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Friendly crew on a Weekend Sunset Cruise in Freo

I had booked this for my husband as a birthday surprise. Whilst they weren't able to accommodate... read more

Reviewed 8 March 2020
nezzle
Perth, Australia
Informal and amusing

We were on a mission to see whales. Not sure if there's a guarantee that you'll see whales or if... read more

Reviewed 7 August 2019
finefoodgirl2016
Sydney, Australia

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2016

We had booked a sunset cruise for 5th Jan but unfortunately my husband came down with a sickness bug that day - I called and left a message and sent an email in advance of the cruise to advise that we couldn't make the trip for fear of passing the bugs to other guests and that he really wasn't well. As we were leaving for the UK the next day, I asked if the cruise could be transferred to my father, who lives in Perth, to use on another date. I did not get any response at all until I chased yesterday - only to be told that my father would have to pay another $50pp rebooking fee! Not the kind of customer service you would expect for totally unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances.

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank Tracey M
Reviewed 10 January 2016

Our sunset cruise was disappointing due mainly to the weather and our own unpreparedness. Although it was summer we saw very little twilight sunset due to much cloudiness and above normal wind conditions creating strong waves for a 65-foot yacht carrying 24 passengers and two crews. My wife was unwell due to seasickness, could have taken some tablets before hand, if we knew better. Crews were caring and trying what they could by providing ginger lollies and recommending us to move to the back of the yacht. It was much better for my wife at the back. Food served was average. If we were to do this again we would charter the yacht together with a group friends to a tailor-made itinerary, organise our own food and drinks and choose a day when the weather is really fine. This well build yacht with teak timber deck powered by wind and a diesel engine is available for group charter 24/7.

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed 19 December 2015

This is a sail boat yet we spent a considerable amount of time under engine power, a lot of time in the harbours and only really the last 20 minutes on the open sea, again under engine power mostly. We still had a great sunset, with great nibbles and drinks and the crew were friendly and knowledgeable.

Despite having a voucher and confirmatory emails we were not on the guest list, although this was quickly resolved upon showing the email - so make sure you have proof of your confirmation. A good experience but it lacked the wow factor.

Date of experience: December 2015
1  Thank Richard T
Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

Save your money and catch the ferry over. Just keep in mind its a 2 hr trip each way on a old sail yacht. Which leaves you only three hours on the mainland.

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed 12 November 2015

My best friend bought a voucher deal from "Our Deal" for our engagement present I tried since the 26th October to secure a date so we could have our sunset sail I finally managed to book 20th November then I was advised that I have to attend a work function on this date. i emailed Simon to ask If I could possibly change my booking for the week after he replied that I could however I would be charged at $50 PP to change it. I told him I felt this was unfair it was a gift from my friend so he replied that I could on-sell it or re-gift it to someone else. As If I would when it was bought as a gift for us..... Totally unexceptable. Now he has made money for nothing at the expense of my friend... DON'T buy a deal voucher.

Date of experience: November 2015