“Worst meal ever !,”

Ranked #42 of 301 Restaurants in Tavira
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I don’t think that I’ve ever experienced a worse meal in my life ! A plate arrived with my codfish and chickpeas and a more unappetising dish I’ve never seen . Accompanied with boiled potatoes a boiled carrot and a boiled egg then sprinkled with chopped raw onions. Absolutely awful and a restaurant I would not recommend .

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We visited because we wanted a regular portuguese restaurant with good and cheap meals.
After all it was not that cheap and the food was badly cooked. Everything was dirty, the plates full of of oil and smell of fish from the previous clients.
Waiters were umpleasant also.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

This place is in most guidebooks. Cheap and cheerful, excellent value. Quite busy when we went on a Thursday evening, a good sign. My wife had chicken, chips, rice, salad. I had vegetable soup starter then veal, a glass of wine each, a coffee for me. All for 23 Euros and tasty too.
Not the best in Tavira but worth visiting for a quick and good value meal.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

The restaurant was fairly quiet when we entered, about 7 p.m. but filled up during our stay. Service was quick and polite, we both opted for the grilled chicken. This was accompanied by salad, chips and rice. Add on half a litre of wine and the bill was €18.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

One of the worths expiriences in Algarve (we've visited over 30 restaurants in the region).
Over salted food, presentation like you are in stable - half boiled carrot and 2-3 potatos.
Waiter/owner wears dirty oily shirt - after that what can you think about the conditions food is made in?
Plates were dirty and he lies us they are broken.
Awful.