“Special Occasion in Riga”
Review of Vincents - CLOSED

Vincents
Price range: AU$166 - AU$1,665
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: With a grand comeback, the renowned chef Martins Ritins has returned to the restaurant, to return to its roots. Welcoming the loyal and curious diners back to the world of Vincents. Since restaurant Vincents was founded in 1994, it has grown to become one of the premier gourmet establishments in Eastern Europe. Its reputation has spread far beyond Latvia's borders, with Prince Charles, Elton John, the Emperor of Japan and Heston Blumenthal among a very long list of prominent personalities and famous gourmands who have savoured the restaurant's haute cuisine.
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

My wife and I decided to have one extra special dinner while travelling recently in Europe and chose Vincent's. It has an excellent reputation in both Latvia and Europe so we gave it a try. The food and service were excellent - could not be faulted - but this special experience comes at a price as the food and wine, while impeccable, are very expensive. I recommend you do some research on this restaurant before making a final decision as you may not be prepared to pay their asking price. If you are, you will be guaranteed an extraordinary dining experience.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank BrightSparkUpstart

Reviewed 3 July 2016

We had an awesome meal at Vincents. The food was excellent and presented beautifully. Service was great. We ordered the Canard à la Presse (pressed duck), which was amazingly delicious. It was pricy but we decided to splurge for our 25th anniversary. There was sufficient food for four people and since we were staying in a local hotel, much of it was wasted. It took nearly one hour thirty minutes for it to be prepared. Two appetizers, duck with a side of spinach and two glasses of wine came to nearly 400 Euro. I think we were the only ones in the restaurant not on an expense account.

1  Thank MNSc-travel
Reviewed 27 June 2016

This location was a mistake, I've never been to Lativia!, please take this review off my profile

Date of visit: February 2016
2  Thank rrosol
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

I only have one dinner opportunity in Riga during my vacation. So I picked the no. 1 restaurant in town. The chef is very creative. The dishes presentation is great and taste is unique. The waitress brought all kinds of tools to prepare the dessert. Very funny. I loved the experience. It's not just food, but the performance and entertainment as well.

1  Thank isabelle0323
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Amazing food, great experience. I expect it to get a star when Michelin visit. Some of the wine pairings was slightly off but never less than good. Mostly great.