“Horrible, scam. Don't book this nasty place!”

Cheap & Good Apartments
Ranked #97 of 145 Speciality Lodging in Riga
Reviewed 8 May 2017

We booked (and paid for) a room with toilet in suite. 'Our' toilet was outside the room. The owner assured it was for our private use but we heard other customers using it during all the night. It was even busy when we wanted to use it! And, of course, dirty.
Toilet floor tiles were broken and loose so when anybody stepped on them (us or the other clients using 'our' toilet) they were noisy at night (and were even dangerous). And, of course, as a floor like this can never be cleaned there was dirt everywhere. The shower and toilet could not have any more stains and dirt.
It was not a bed (nor mattress) in our bedroom but a dirty, stinky, uncomfortable sofa with a full of holes sheet that did not cover it completely.
Despite they say the opposite, there is no internet in any room, not even in the corridors, only at the main door.
Despite when we booked they said we could pay by credit card, the owner told us only cash. We had to pay before seeing the room and realizing that the toilet was used by other clients. No invoice or receipt we were given...
The whole place is dirty.
We decided to leave eventhough we had paid for two nights, but we couldn't be there one more moment. We booked a room in a different hotel and paid twice for the same stay! We could not complain to the owner or anybody before leaving because there is usually no staff!
The worst experience ever.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cheap & Good Apartments

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

I just arrived, because it is supposed to have a parking...
...yeah- on the street.... paid during the day.

So I chained my bike in the Euro-park, opposite of the place, for 10€ per 24 hr extra. They advised me another place, behind the station, but that didn't look that great
I might as well sleep on the street myself, but that you can read in the other comments. It reminds me of a student condo, before they trash it.

they try to keep ik clean, but it's too old for that.

Oh, and they have room with more beds- I booked for 2 persons, and got the whole room, but was requested to use only 1 bed... the other are sleeping cauches, not beds....

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Only thing good in these apartments are the location, otherwise the whole place is just a hole in the wall. The very minute you step in this "hotel" you basically sense an evil presence, from the staircase to the actual apartment. Staircase is covered with mold and cobwebs, and there was rotting smell in the rooms. Some poor soul has propably ended his/her life in there. Needles to say, we didn't want to spend a night there, we had to book another apartment

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Toni P
Reviewed 10 August 2015

For the price I paid (34Euros) for a single room with shared bathroom I expected much more. First I couldn't find the hostel. There's no sign whatsoever in the street or even on the front door. After 15 minutes of looking around I asked a photocopy shop (!) and as for magic the owner's phone number appeared. They told me I had to wait 5 minutes to pick me up. I suppose this may have to do with tax dodging but I don't know. I have no idea how I would have found it had I arrived when that shop is closed. Then we went up 3 floors with no lift. The bedroom was absolutely bare. Bed, a small table, a chair, and two hangers. Not even a rubbish bin was there. Curtains did not really protect from light. The bathroom was one floor upstairs and apparently quite a few people wanted to use it. I was lucky enough to arrive first in the morning for a quick shower. There were two bathrooms in my same floor but clearly those were allocated to people having private bathroom (though they had to get out of their room to use it). I was given 5 keys overall, 2 of which to find my way to the upper bathroom. Can you imagine the waste of time if you find the bathroom occupied and you have to go back and forth?
On the positive side, It is very close to the train station (literally across the road) and to the city centre as well. The owner was chatty and helpful in giving me directions. He also helped me with carrying suitcases.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2015

This is more like a hostel room with a very basic shared kitchen/reception room and shared bathroom with non functioning shower. I booked this place with the expectation that standards would be in the lower segment, but still was a little disappointed with what we ended up with. I didn't mind the poor kitchen area, but if you plan on using the kitchen I would reconsider booking here as the so-called kitchen was more like a table with some forks and a cooking plate on it. Also I had booked the apartment hoping we could have a pre-party and don't have to take so much consideration to our noise level getting back from a night out. It turned out that this place was also used by children families which naturally affected the noise level we could allow ourselves for partying and also a lot of noise from the family in the early morning and lunch time. My advise: Pay the extra few $ for a real apartment if you're looking for a party place while in Riga.
On the positive side the location is absolutely perfect!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends