“Good japanese reetaurant”

Ranked #87 of 982 Restaurants in Tallinn
Price range: USD 4 - USD 48
Cuisines: Sushi, European, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The stylish and modern restaurant is located in the heart of Tallinn. This is one of the most popular places for citizens and tourists where everyone can find delicious and healthy Japanese cuisine together with European dishes. The menu offers a wide range of sushi prepared with fresh seafood, local meats and vegetables in Asian style. We recommend you try the range of Japanese beer and the unique plum wine which accompanies Sushi cuisine.
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Huge menu and lot of options!

Sushi was average but other food was so tasty and good.

Especially scallops tataki...so good! Don't miss it!

1  Thank Subbe
Olegsilk, Управляющий at Silk Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Thank you very much for the time you took to write your feedback, which we truly appreciate. It is wonderful to hear that you had a nice experience at our Silk Sushi Bar. We are glad you gave Tataki a chance. This is delicious-looking food and very good taste. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Silk Sushi Bar

Reviewed 14 March 2017

The location is great, the food is great.
We visit quite often with a friend and always have a great experience.

Olegsilk, Управляющий at Silk Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Thank you so much for being our guests at Silk Sushi Bar and for taking the time to let TripAdvisor community know that you enjoyed our cuisine.
We endeavour to make our guests happy and now having this pleasant review from you made our day.
We hope, you will visit us again soon and we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Everything was excellent, food,wine and service. Warmley recommended this place for all of us sushi lovers

Olegsilk, Управляющий at Silk Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Thank you so much for your visit and for taking the time to let TripAdvisor community know that you enjoyed the delicious meals at our Silk Sushi Bar.
It was our pleasure to have you as our guest.
The team was so proud to read your feedback.
“Everything was excellent, food, wine and service” - that is just wonderful and so motivating for us.
Very best wishes from all of us and we can't wait to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I have always liked their offerings.
The taste is exellent everytime, but you need to like
sushi very much in order to enter.
The crew seems to be Russian but that does not bother
because they speak impeccable english.

Olegsilk, Управляющий at Silk Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

So pleased to read your kind review and thank you for taking the time to write all that.
We are delighted you have chosen our restaurant for your gastronomic experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

Please read my profile for my biases.

Okay, so let's put one thing out there: I am pretty particular when it comes to sushi and sashimi. I expect a certain experience when I come to a sushi bar and I didn't get it here.

Silk is a very "fashionable" restaurant. There is club music on the speakers and you can tell some effort when into the design. The menu is glossy and lavish, and that put me off from the start.

I'm much more of a "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" guy. When it comes to this type of food, I think the food should speak for itself.

This is also what I would call a "roll" restaurant. As someone who is much more into sashimi and nigiri, the first thing I did was thumb through several pages of house rolls.

I settled on the "Sashimi De Luxe" and what I got was just okay. Several of the choices weren't cut properly and the quality was just average. Also at most places I visit you would get a bowl of miso soup and a small salad but nothing extra came with this meal. I also didn't see any sake choices, which was unusual.

It was a very slow night and the staff seemed more intent to play on their phones behind the bar than to wait on the three tables with people.

I could see where this restaurant would appeal to people who weren't used to authentic sushi, a younger crowd looking for a change of pace, but for me it was disappointing.

Olegsilk, Управляющий at Silk Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to serve you and other guests. I think we should all accept constructive criticism.
Actually we make it a high priority to offer the best food (always made fresh to order) on our customers' plates. If we disappoint you, we want it to be the last time.
Thank you again for your detailed story and we hope to see you again very soon.