2,467 results
All reviews top floor horisont restaurant harbour view great hotel old town executive floor swiss hotel department store rain shower huge bed sky bar business hotel coffee machine corner room modern hotel steam room star hotel
Reviewed 24 March 2016

This was my first stay at Swissotel Tallinn and I was by far the nicest hotel I have stayed in there. There was a bit of a wait at check-in, but once an additional desk was opened it was quick once and efficient and reception staff was very friendly. I was immediately vowed by the great (port) view I enjoyed from my room on the 13th floor and I really liked the fact that there was a wooden floor with only a carpet underneath the bed. The bed itself was great, I slept really well. I also appreciated the little coffee/tea corner with a separate kettle and capsule-coffee maker. Apart from the "painting" over the bed, which looked like a cheap furniture store reproduction I liked everything about my room. The bathroom had a great free standing tub and separate shower and a nice range of toiletries. It was a pity that there was a bit of an architectural malfunction in the toilet area - I am 170 cm tall and, sitting down, my knees already touched the glass wall of the shower. I doubt that using that toilet is a pleasant experience for somebody taller, or less agile. Also, the toilet could not be flushed with the lid opened, which in fact covered the flush buttons. Had it been a cheap hostel, I would not have mentioned this, but I was surprised to find this at a hotel of this calibre. However, I shall give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that mine was the only bathroom affected. I did not have time for breakfast or checking out the spa area, so cannot comment on those.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
STL_Swissotel, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for treating us with a review on TripAdvisor! It is a pleasure to see you have chosen Swissôtel Tallinn!

We are delighted to see you found many positive things to point out from your first stay in our hotel. It makes us happy to hear that your stay started with our reception team treating you in a friendly manner. We are glad to hear that you appreciated the views in your guest room, the wooden floor and that you slept well!

We also appreciate your feedback about the bathroom design. We will keep in mind the feedback you have shared and will definitely look into the matter raised regarding the flush buttons. Thank you for bringing this into our attention.

Pürovel Spa & Sport is also an excellent place to enjoy some quality time and we are sad to hear you couldn´t visit it this time. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the hotel soon and that you´ll have a chance to try it out then.

Wishing you a wonderful spring season ahead and only the best of travelling experiences!

Swissôtel Tallinn Management

Reviewed 21 March 2016

Fantastic hotel with very friendly, helpful staff. We stayed on the 25th floor. The view across the Harbor was superb looking out over the Baltic Gulf. The Horison restaurant on 30th Floor is well worth a visit as is the cocktail bar - some of the Mojito's I've ever tasted.

An ideal location for exploring the city and the Old town. Everything is in walking distance. A nice italian restaurant close by too.

Room Tip: Swiss Advantage Harbor View
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for treating us with a review; hope you have been doing well since your last visit to Swissôtel Tallinn.

We are really glad to hear about your impressions of the city and it makes us happy to see that your time spent in Tallinn was enjoyable. The UNESCO-listed Old Town is indeed very close and we are happy to hear you chose to explore the city!

We are glad that we also got to be a part of your Tallinn trip- thank you for allowing us to accommodate you. Horisont Restaurant & Bar is indeed amazing, so nice to see that you chose to spend some quality time on our 30th floor and we hope you enjoyed the views!

We are hoping to welcome you back in the future and until then we would like to wish you a happy and joyful spring season ahead!

Swissôtel Tallinn Management

Reviewed 19 March 2016

We were a family of 8 (all adults) spending a weekend in Tallinn to celebrate a family member's birthday. Could not have chosen a better hotel, as this is by far the best in Tallinn. All 8 of us were impressed with their customer service and facilities.

The most important thing for me was that whenever we requested something/needed help, they not fulfilled our expectations but they always took it one step further. I for instance had asked the reception in advance to print out an old photo to be placed in one of the rooms as a surprise, and not only did they print it (as any hotel would have done), they made an enlargement and framed it. We felt that the hotel weekend was full of little pleasant surprises like this. So it was the small and simple things that blew our minds. The fact that a staff member even came out to wave us off as we left.

Top notch facilities as well, from the huge and comfortable rooms to the spa area. The pool was especially appreciated, and the gym was possibly the best hotel gym I have trained in.

Breakfast was good, but must say if there is something to improve in this hotel, the breakfast room's tables could be cleaned just a little bit faster (at least on a busy weekend). Just saying this because even when nearing perfection, there are thankfully(!) always things that can still be improved.

In short: go there, get pampered, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
STL_Swissotel, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2016

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Tallinn and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor, we truly appreciate the feedback!
It is absolutely amazing to receive such a nice review! We are just so glad to learn how great your stay was, especially since our staff managed to make it special for you! Thank you very much for the remark about the breakfast service as well, you are absolutely right, there is always room for improvement and feedback such as yours is very helpful to us.
Thank you again for all the kind words and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in Swissôtel Tallinn in the nearest future!

Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

The layout is simple, the staff very friendly and efficient, the breakfast very good, a good sized pool and sauna.
The great part was the layout of the conference room, with a projection screen and separate.
I have no idea if it was the constant travel or the bed, but I woke up with a stiff back.
Apart from that it was absolutely all one could wish for.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Tallinn and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor, we very much appreciate it!
We are so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay! It is delightful that you liked our conference centre as well as the spa and the breakfast. We are sorry to hear about your stiff back though, and hopefully you recovered quickly!
Thank you again for the review and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in Swissôtel Tallinn in the nearest future!

Reviewed 14 March 2016

I spent one night in 26 floor room. Room was very lovely and view vas great. Hotels spa was great with quite big simmingpool and two saunas. Breakfast was very good. Only odd thing was glass wall between room and toilet. Who want to see somebody on wc?
When you sing in you might had to wait along long time when staff have conversations wih guest of everything you can possible think. Anyway I like hotel very much.

Room Tip: Room at upper floors.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
STL_Swissotel, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying in Swissôtel Tallinn and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is much appreciated!

Reading your comments it seems that you really enjoyed your stay, which is simply lovely to read. I am sorry that the bathroom wall in your room was not quite to your liking though. I would like to offer sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in Swissôtel Tallinn very soon!