“See more of Estonia than Tallinn; Highly Recommended!”
Review of EstAdventures

EstAdventures
Ranked #3 of 64 Tours in Tallinn
More attraction details
Owner description: EstAdventures provide handcrafted tours in Tallinn and Estonia. We make tours that pierce the tourist bubble. Scheduled small group tours depart every day from May to September. Private tours available year round.
Reviewed 20 October 2011

This review is a few weeks late; however, here it is. I signed up for two day tours (Eastern Adventures and Western Wonders) back in September. Andrew (owner/guide) is a very knowledgeable guide and both tours were enjoyable as well as educational. I especially liked how the group size is purposely kept small and the history of Estonia was tied in with the tours. The itineraries were well organized and put-together.

Andrew, if you read this, there's is one recommendation I have for you (maybe you're already thinking about it or working on it). Perhaps you can incorporate the different cultures of Estonia in your tours or build some tours that focus on culture.

EstAdventures is as the title reads, Highly Recommended.

1  Thank Tony H

Reviewed 12 October 2011

I booked this tour in conjunction with our Baltic cruise. We were so impressed by the extensive knowledge of our guide. We were taken off the beaten track as well as to the usual must-see sights and attractions. Upon comparing notes with others on our cruise with their day excursions, we were treated to a great deal more...thank you so much for making our stop in Tallinn the best on our cruise!

3  Thank Susan E
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We hired EstAdventures for a private two hour walking tour of Tallinn for 30 of our friends and family the day before our wedding. It couldn't have been easier to book and Head Honcho Andrew was as helpful as could be about arranging everything perfectly for us then turning up to make sure everything was ok and to introduce us to our guide, who was also wonderful. I'm afraid I've forgotten her name, but she was excellent and all the guests were talking about the interesting things she said (and how beautiful she was) for the rest of their time in Estonia. We live in Tallinn but found ourselves seeing things and finding out about them for the first time and it was made all the better by our guide's personal touches- telling us about her family and relating the sites to real Estonians and Estonian stories. We would unreservedly recommend EstAdventures and if we're in the market for another guided tour will certainly use them again.

Reviewed 4 October 2011

We were there on a Princess Cruise, and had about 7 hours in Tallinn. We took a 4 hour tour with EstAdventures that gave us a look at life outside of the main city for the first two hours and then a walking tour of old city area. Particularly interesting was the stop at the statue graveyard where we saw many of the old statues of Lenin & Stalin from the communist times. Our tour guide (I believe it was Anna) was very knowledgeable and made the tour very interesting. I would highly recommend using EstAdventure tours.

3  Thank cagvc
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I was in Tallinn for one week earlier this month, and since I had more than enough time in the city of Tallinn, I planned on taking day trips out of the city. I went on three tours by EstAdventures - the Eastern Adventures Day Tour, the Communist Estonia Half Day Tour, and the Laheema National Park Day Tour - and I'm so glad I went on these day trips. First and foremost, Andrew is an excellent guide. Since he's lived in Estonia for 5 to 6 years, and since his girlfriend is Estonian, he's gained great insight on the Estonian people and culture. His knowledge of many of the sites on the tours I went on - to the various castles, manor houses, and villages - is absolutely thorough. Second, Andrew was very flexible with the time on each tour - we never felt rushed, we were able to take our time. And as another reviewer mentioned, the tours felt as if we were being shown around by a friend. On the three tours I went on, me and everyone on the tours got to know Andrew very well.

Andrew is above and beyond excellent, and his company is above and beyond excellent. For those who are planning on traveling to Tallinn, do try to spend a good deal of time in Tallinn - anywhere from at least a couple of days to a week, even longer. And when you do, I feel it's absolutely essential to get out of Tallinn at least for a little bit. And when you do plan on day trips out of Tallinn, I highly recommend Andrew and EstAdventures. Absolutely worth it!

2  Thank ED44SF