“Great food, need to work on staff”

Blue Lotus Indian & Thai Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 982 Restaurants in Vilnius
Description: India and Thailand have a long tradition of culinary excellence. We created Blue Lotus Restaurant in order to bring some of that excellence to Vilnius. Our clients enjoy combining both Thai and Indian dishes in their meals and we maintain the best quality and authenticity for both. Come and taste for yourself the best quality of our food prepared by three highly qualified and trained chefs from India and Nepal. Our group already operates three successful restaurants offering Thai and Indian cuisine - Villa Thai, Ginger Cafe and Ingver in Tallinn, Estonia.
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Food is really great and worth 5 points. But staff was so unattentive and could hardly manage orders of few tables on lunch time. Maybe it was their first day?

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

My partner and I decided to try this place as it was just down the street from our apartment. A good choice too, because it is unusual to see good quality Thai & Indian food in Eastern Europe. As others have mentioned the Eggplant starter was superb and my Red Curry chicken was also excellent. My friend complained that her Prawn Bhuna was too spicy, but she is a wimpy Belarusian not used to curries (sigh). The fact that when we left the entire Asian population of Vilnius (about 10 people actually) had taken tables we took as confirmation that the food is regarded as very good. And it was 47 Euros for two with drinks - certainly can't complain about that.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

There’s a lot to commend about this place. It’s a nice modest size, has a good refined ambiance, and the service was charming.

The food was almost all absolutely excellent. I had crispy aubergine (eggplant) as a starter which was truly 5 star. They warned me the King Prawn Thai Green Curry was “extremely” spicy; perhaps if all you’ve ever eaten is pork knuckle it might be, but to a western palette used to Thai food it was moderate. It was delicately flavoured and also verging on 5 star. My green side salad unfortunately had virtually no dressing which was a shame. Desert was also superb; deep fried vanilla ice cream in chocolate sauce with cashews.

My only real criticisms are how fast all the food was brought out. I wanted a nice relaxed dining experience and it ended up feeling a bit fast food, which is a shame. Also the meal for one came to €38 without service. That’s just with a small glass of Prosecco and a small glass of wine.

Budget it’s not, but quality it is. It leans more heavily towards Indian than Thai, and the veggie choices are a bit more limited than you’d hope in this type of restaurant (fortunately I also eat prawns).

But all in all, I’d say strongly recommended if you’d like a treat and you don’t mind being in and out in 35 mins for a 3 course meal!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Located just off main tourist route, this place has more Indian than Thai dishes. Food was well cooked and well spiced. Service was very good and friendly.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Tasty food. Especially starters (prawns and aubergines) however sauce for the main dish (duck in read sweet chilly sauce) looked and tasted the same like from the shop. Really tasty mango ice cream