Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
PricelineUSD 37
FindHotelUSD 37
eDreamsUSD 37
TripadvisorUSD 37
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Spent one night here, got a quiet small room , for one guest it was too small for another it was super cozy, but you get all basics to fulfill your needs, friendly stuff, good breakfast, but the best side is the location of guest house - it is in the heart of old town everything is reachable by foot, no complains!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Stayed here during a business trip. Room was quite small, even for apartment type of housing. No writing table, which was a bit odd, as usually all places where I stayed before had one, and I definitely need one when I am traveling on business. One bit negative thing was - prior to arrival I asked reception to order me a taxi from the airport to hotel where I could pay using my credit card, they ordered one where this was not possible so had to use cash, which in this case I did not prefer at all. Apartment description in Booking.Com says this place has bikes to rent, but when I asked - they did not have any. In general location is great, right in the middle of the old town, but still a very quiet place. Wifi was quite OK actually - not typical for Klaipėda, as mostly all places have really lousy Wifi.

Room tip: Not many rooms in general, all good
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2015

The hotel is small, just five or six rooms in all, so it feels cozy and personal. Staff are very welcoming, friendly and accommodating. Though they spoke English, they willingly let me practice my limited Lithuanian language skills on them.

The dormered room I had on the second floor was charming and comfortable for one perosn (might be a little tight for two), with a half-round window that I kept open for my entire stay. I read other reviews that said it was noisy with the window open, but I didn't experience that, perhaps because there was less activity than normally would be at the height of summer.

The bath was small but clean and modern with enough room to move about comfortably.

Breakfast is served at the time you request (within their window). The dining area is intimate and comfortable with lots of natural light. The breakfast selections are not extensive, but you can have eggs made to order in addition to the cold meats, cheeses, cereal, breads, etc.

Location is right in the heart of the old town, mere blocks from several attractions.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

There were only a couple difficulties, which didn't affect the stay itself.

Finding the hotel using GPS was difficult, as it kept directing me to turn onto streets that were permanently closed or one way in the opposite direction. There was no elevator but staff immediately offered help with bags.

There is no private parking, so you need to park on the street, and pay at the kiosk between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Parking was plentiful when I was there (September) but may be more difficult to find during the summer when the area is more congested with visitors.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2015

Lithuania is filled with lots of rich history set in well-preserved Old Town areas. It would be hard to beat this vacation experience if old world history and charm are on your radar. All the rooms in the very reasonably priced hotels we stayed in were larger than any we’ve seen in other European cities.

The Hotel Preliudija is small and intimate, more like a B&B, which made it quite comfortable. Our room was nice and included an extra bed which we used for our suitcases. It was clean and comfortable. We liked its location within Old Town, which provided easy walking access to the theater square, the harbor and the pedestrian river walk. Although it was in Old Town, it was an easy walk to New Town.

If we had had the time to go to the Curonian Spit, the ferry terminal was an easy walk. There were many good restaurants nearby. Breakfast was good. If we hadn’t just been to two previous Lithuanian hotels that served excellent breakfasts, we would have been quite satisfied with the buffet and hot entree choices. The location also gave us easy access to Palanga, just 30 minutes north with its excellent Amber Museum and lovely beaches.

What we didn’t like:
Because someone else extended their stay, we were initially put in a room that was at ground level and not very spacious. However, while we were out touring the next day, our hosts moved us to the larger room with the extra bed.

Parking was off site in a public parking lot that was ‘secure’ but in the open. We weren’t comfortable with that but it turned out to be OK. Be aware that getting to Preliudija by car is tricky due to one way, very narrow, sometimes dead end, cobblestone streets. Our GPS could not figure it out.

Room tip: There are just 6 rooms - choose # 5 or 6 if available.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

I like these smaller places that are in the middle of the areas that you want to visit.
This obviously is an old building, but beautifully maintained. Our room /s
Are spacey and immaculate. We were met at the door upon arrival as if we were expected and shown to our room and our host hadn't even asked our name. Settle in then come down and do the paperwork etc. such a lovely welcome. We have a roomy bedroom with a very comfy bed and 3 big windows ( great for drying washing) . Also a lounge area with another tea , sofa, fridge etc then a small but functional bathroom .
You seem to book a time for breaky and eggs are done to order. Usual cereals, yogurt, cheese, meats etc. very nice. Staff lovely
Perfect location in town and surrounded by cafes.
Would thoroughly recommend.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple