“Pretty average”
Review of Hotel Flora

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spisska Nova Ves
Hotel Flora
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel in July 2014. Their website http://grandhotelspis.com/en/page.php?id=1 shows pictures of the outside of the hotel. It is a bit more run down now, with no signage outside anymore. The rooms are acceptable though. From the Spisska Nova Ves station, it is about a 5-10 euro taxi ride. When I arrived, there was a sign saying that their credit card machine was not working. They could have informed me of this before I arrived, as it meant I had to catch a taxi back to Spisska Nova Ves - to the nearest ATM to withdraw the cash, and then get a return taxi back to the Hotel. It is a pretty deserted hotel I found - I think i was the only guest. And they spoke very very little English, which made things hard for me. I was travelling on my own, wanting to explore Slovensky Raj, they couldn't offer me any advise for this, and had no leaflet information anywhere. I would have thought this would have been their forte, as they are right next to Cingov entrance to the national park.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 2 July 2011

The location is nice just outside of Spisska Nova Ves and the national park. The rooms are basic, no kettle or fridge for example, the family rooms are a good size and well placed. Costs are reasonable and the overall value is very good. Food is generally good, but the soup can be salty. The hotel advertises a play park on site but this fairly run down and is not to be recommended.

I would happily go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011