All reviews two weeks health spa food selection salt cave mud treatment swimming pool facilities wellness package danubius bio therapy river body board cure vienna
Reviewed 14 September 2018

We stayed 2 weeks for spa procedures. Staff of spa was very friendly, all logistic issues were OK. Breakfast was perfect, but dinner - not. Resort have 3 types of sauna -almost free after 6PM. Location of resort 15 min walk from city center. Some trips for weekend could be recommended as to Bratislava, Trencin and "rafting" - for 70+ - on Vag river. All trips maybe ordered in place. Trips to Vienna takes more than 3 hours with bus and not so interesting.

Room tip: Take room with park/river view but not to parking
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

The room was large and very comfortable. The treatment were great and I enjoyed the stay very much. On Sunday when there were no treatments we went to Bratislava by train and during the week we visited villages near by. A great place. Yona S.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. The room was big and clean. There where separate toilet and bathroom. The furniture is a bit older but still in good shape. The breakfast wasnt very good the food didnt taste good, seems like its for the dieting clients. It was a good stay.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2018

The Esplanade, is perhaps one of the spa islands newest hotels, looks like it was built in the 1960s, so not as historical or beutiful as the Thermia palace, which its earl twentieth century charm, with original art, but famous painters. when I was here first, the decor in the rooms was very socialist stark and hard edged. The last time had a suite, with sitting room,bedroom walk in wardrobe, the bright yellow decor was a little sunny for my taste, but it was clean and well run. The early morning medical appointment 6am was a blood test and then a later meeting with the doctor. My recipie for wellness was given me and I was off for my treatments. The mud treatment are great, as well as the mirror pool and under water massage. I liked the treatments although some are very short. Like the massages . If you need your teeth done the best dentist is at the spa too, Dr Igor, at 2001 dentists, world class dentist. The food is a little basic and bland, as most are here to lose weight. The morning breakfast is a little buffet, and hectic, so I had all my meals in my room. There are lots of different treatments I liked the salt cave and the oxygen therapy, extra charges for these. They also have live music in the evening and the hot chocolate is fab, they had gypsy music and classical piano music when I stayed. I stayed for three months in the spa and got to know the area quite well.

Room tip: Rooms overlookin the park and the river where they dredge for the mud
Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

I visited with my mother for a spa & treatment vacation, we took the 1 week 24 treatment package. to be honest I enjoyed every moment of my stay the spa center is very well equipped more than professional , all the staff were helpful , very well trained & always everything was on time especially that I was in the low season it was a good timing for me as I don't like crowds.
The hotel accommodation was also very comfortable the room was well furnished & clean. The food was ups and downs sometimes was good and other times bad ,but was not an issue for me as I was not there for food.

Date of stay: February 2018