See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 December 2015

Great relaxation, amazing food and very friendly staff. Highly recommended for everyone who needs to have a rest and get into shape. Town Piestany is very nice for walks and having a cup of coffee at local cafés, too. :)

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SpaPiestany, Manager at Spa Hotel Splendid, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2015

Dear Guests,

thank you for having chosen our Balnea Grand Splendid for your stay. I appreciate that you have taken the time and effort to review our hotel after your stay. We are going to deal your negative comment.
Part of the upcoming reconstruction of the hotel will also be new rooms for disabled guests, including air conditioning.
My team and I look forward to your next visit and until then we wish you good health.
SPA Balnea Splendid

Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

Thank to all personal for great time I was spend here. Nice rooms. Restaurant personal are very kind. Food is healthy and delicious. Medical center was under fully reconstruction an look really great, everything is new including gym. Medical personal meet the high conditions. They are very kind and helpfull.
Beautifull nature for walking, running or bike.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 48andrejs
SpaPiestany, Manager at Spa Hotel Splendid, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2015

SPA Balnea Splendid

Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

Take everything I say with a grain of salt as I can speak only from the perspective of someone just arriving.
When I go on vacation, especially one that has a name associated with relaxation, I expect some level of care.

We did not feel welcomed or received on our arrival. There were no instructions or indications of how to get anywhere. We were pointed in the general directions of "the pool is that way" but not given anything including the card to access the gym, baths, or pool. It may be an unusual day or an unusually new staff crew but this put a stressful start to an already long process of arriving to the hotel. Please also keep in mind there is a "grand" wing which is farther from everything: the cafe, the pool, the treatment rooms.

My sense is the management may not welcome English speakers. If not this can either be rectified or made clear somehow; in this case I'm letting buyers beware now. I would love to see this change but for now I am wishing I'd heeded the negative reviews and paid for more down the street.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ally Y
SpaPiestany, Manager at Spa Hotel Splendid, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Reviewed 11 August 2015

I planned my visit for 25 days, and I enjoyed myself so much that I extended my stay for another month! I met with the resort director, he was very nice person and I admired his leadership. Also, all of the staff members were so corporative I totally recommend it.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
SpaPiestany, Manažér at Spa Hotel Splendid, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2015

Dear Mr. Hassan,

Reviewed 16 June 2015

This is the second year that I have taken my elderly mother to the spa for health treatments at the Hotel Spa Splendid. Both of us have enjoyed the stay very much. The hotel is located on Spa Island. Very peasfull setting allowing long walks and sunsets by the Vah River. The food was superb with with wide variety of offerings. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable, with balcony view of sunsets. The spa treatments were great, Wi-Fy in lobby worked well.... But the best part was ALL the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, taking extra effort to help and acomodate my ailing mom. Looking forward to do this again.

Room tip: Upper floors facing west for great sunsets
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank David H
SpaPiestany, Manager at Spa Hotel Splendid, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2015

Dear David,