All reviews double bed was two singles dinner buffet pushed together soups the river kettle centre
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

This hotel appears to be most popular with the *ahem* golden age group from Germany/Slovakia.
We seemed to be in a room above a doctors surgery and treatment rooms for things I have never even heard of including 'gas insuffluations'. It was quite funny really.
We were the only British here, and it really showed. There are no British menu's, and not many staff speak English. The signs are all in Slovak or German.
Our room in the new wing, a suite- was really lovely for the price, no complaints here apart from the fact you don't get a balcony.
Breakfast is not great but it's ok. Just the addition of croissants and pastries would be nice though. It wouldn't take much cost or effort to improve it.
We didn't have any other meals here because we couldn't understand the menu, and nobody could translate it either. This is a shame really because we may have eaten here.
Pool area is nice. It's a nice location. Overall it needs modernisation but it looks like that's happening. Hotel really needs to cater better for English guests if they want them to come there though. It's not much to ask to be able to read a menu really.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2016

Clean but really old furnished hotel. Real old communist style. Nice location in a quiet area. Only positive point was the swimming pool, well heated. Buffet are low average. Very few staff speaks anything else than Slovak. But good value for money.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2016

Area::
- Nice location of the hotel in the park

Services:
- room was not ready on agreed time (we have been agreed that it will be ready on 12:00, but at 14:00 it was still not ready and we had to wait till 14:20 and almost missed the wedding we came for)
- unprofessional communication on the reception

Accommodation
- old bathroom in "communists style"
- not real 3.5 star hotel (maybe 2.5 at most)

Food:
Plenty of options on breakfast buffet, but I would prefer less and better quality

Other:
- Children playground in hotel lobby

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jozinno85
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

I hesitate to give this hotel only 1 star, because the reception staff and masseur were really nice/good. But, I would not recommend this hotel, and think it is best if I go down through the list of items individually.

Wifi: excellent in lobby. Patchy in room.

Rooms: clean enough. Very, very dated and shabby. Beds are comfortable, but mattresses may be hard for some. Decor is back from when Kruschev was a lad. Walls are ridiculously thin. Neighbour snored all night, and I was made to wake up with them at 6:30am this morning. Not their fault really, as there is no air con so have to have balcony door open. Still - really frustrating. To be honest I was just glad that they did not start shagging!

Pool: nice enough. Chlorinated to the max to kill off any germs. How someone has not slipped on the smooth tiles and seriously hurt themselves is beyond me (maybe they have!?). Staff are very rude and uninterested in pool area - if you can't speak Slovak, they literally ignore you. No towels available at pool - so have to bring your bath towels!!!!!!!

Restaurant: did not eat dinner here thankfully - but breakfast was less than adequate. Perhaps it was the hordes of people I ended up dining with at 8am, but I avoided the white slop in the hot bins, the juice was as artificial as it got, coffee looked terrible, bread was these cheap floppy rolls, which the guests all seemed to have clenched in their hands whilst eating. There was not much else on hand at all. Really, really bad fare. Ended up managing to get a small bowl of muesli and yoghurt.

Spa: the service I got from the masseur was excellent. She was friendly and really good at what she did. The facilities however resemble a sanatorium from the communist era. Very weird. It is also located near the outside pool area, and in the middle of the massage someone decided to have a cigarette outside the window, which blew into the massage room. Very off-putting.

Patrons: seemed to be a children's summer camp I stumbled into. Rather than a relaxing stay, it was filled with the constant sounds of 100's of feral children screaming and running all over the place.

Location: 10 minutes walk from town, 15 from spa island.

I wish I had just splurged on the big hotel, but for one night it just didn't seem worth it. Please - don't stay here. The cheap stay is not worth having a day ruined... I feel bad for the hotel because it could make something of itself, but it just seems to want to cling tightly to that communist past as fast as it can. Maybe it should redesign itself as some sort of museum, fine for a visit, but do not spend the night!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank CH5443
Reviewed 2 June 2016

We stayed there for 3 nights, just to have rest out of work. The hotel is pretty well located, not in city centre but just near the water canal in quiet location, cca 10 min walking to the bridge to the centre. It offers privat paid and secured parking lot. Our appartment has 2 windows on 2 sides, sunset (with balcony) and sun rise and was pretty large. The room's equipmet was fine, not damaged, the bath and toilet should be new and modern, but still were OK. 2 TVs in living room and bedrom were very small they definitely should be bigger, also the TV signal was not so good. The room has 1 small fridge and kettle which was great. Lunchroom looks well, the breakfast and dinner were also OK with good variety and quality. During the lunch time there were almost nobody so the variety was terrible, I think 1-2 soups and 2 main dishes with side dishes. For the lunch we paid extra 6 € per person, we hadhalf pension pre paid.The pool is large and with possibility to swimm, 30C water temperature. But the water attraction should be swithech on I think permanent, if you want it to be swithed on you can ask the woman sitting just there. The stuff were nice, helpful and willing.

Room tip: apartman, that we have has 2 windows on 2 sides, sunset (with balcony) and sun rise and is pretty large
Date of stay: April 2016