See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've stayed at Adam Eva Resort twice. Both times for 3 weeks, starting February 2014 and March 2014, due to some business in a nearby city. We were 4 colleagues and each time we had different rooms.
The hotel's position is OK and the staff at the reception is quite nice and friendly.
BUT in the first three weeks, even though by night the temperature was close to 0 Celsius, there was no constant heating in the room. I've had to go from time to time at the reception and tell that in my room is cold.
The next three weeks were warmer, but the Wifi didn't work. When I've asked at the reception about this issue they told me that they're trying to solve the problem and also considered changing the internet provider. This issue continued for 2 weeks...
The rooms were in general clean, but with some oil spots on the carpet and in some rooms a heavy food and cigarettes smell. But if you leave the window open a whole day, it will go away. The sofas are filthy.

Room tip: I've stayed in the front building. Rooms ending with 6 (ex. 106, 206, 306) have a window in the bathroom. The other ones have just a ventilator that you need to start it from 5 to 5 minutes. Try to choose rooms on 3rd or 2nd floor. Usually there are cleaner.
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My girlfriend and I spent 4 nights (5days) at Adam & Eva hotel in March 2013. The receptionist was nice and friendly. She showed us two rooms to choose from. Except for some kids writing on the room walls and some few oil spots on the carpet, the room was generaly clean. The furniture style was old fashion, but it was in good working conditions. The bed was comfortable and sheets were clean. The kitchen was clean and has almost the basic utensils.
Having mentioned the good, I would like to mention the not so good issues:
- the cleaning is carried out only early in the morning. If you miss it, the room will not be cleaned until tomorrow.
- no cleaning service during the weekend. I guess its kind of an austerity measure.
- the shower drain was clogged and despite mentioning that to the receptionist 2 times, no one came to fix the drain.
- the door magnetic card works only for one day. We had to go to the reception 5 times to make it work agin.
- The bed pillows were too soft. Once I put me head on it, it becomes flat.
- the safety box in the room was locked, but since we didn't have a need for it we didn't report it to the receptionist.

In general, the hotel was average. And I wouldn't recommend it to anyone coming to Piestany unless you are desperate.

Date of stay: March 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here originally October 2011; nice big apartment with small balcony; few problems with card for room having to be re-swiped, but overall, fine. Therefore, I booked again for following trip in April, 2012. I had in October requested an apartment at back of 2nd block of apartments with outdoor patio with table and chairs outdoors; I had a rate agreed upon. I especially wanted to soak up the sun and heal as I went to Piestany for alot of dental work.

"To whom it concerns: I am coming to Piestany for treatments;. I wish for a qoute for the apartment that faces the back, the one with an outdoor patio please,"

Hallo,
yes we have a free room for one person in this days 02.04.2012 - 06.04.2012.
I made an resrevation for you and Im sending to you all the details what you ll need to pay for reservations, and after I will send you an confirmation.I have checked the price for you and our price for single room in Adam Eva resort id 32 Euro per night
Kind regardes
Adam Eva resort
Nálepková 6
921 01 Piešťany

When I arrived there was new management; she put me in a tiny apartment with no balcony, no outdoor area, it was late, I was tired, I took the room; A dead fly was behind my pillow and fly poo, those black specks, on the white bedspread; apart from that the apartment was spotless, but, I did suspect the room had not been in use for some time; a quick inspection to prepare room could have prevented this, but I have seen alot worse elsewhere.
Next morning I attempted to explain this was not what was agreed in my booking; the young waspish woman was adamant I would have to take that apartment, no other was available; she relented on the room charge and agreed to give me the original rate, instead of the 72 euro she wished to charge, as I had email confirmation of 1st qoute; but she would not accept that this room was not what I had asked for. I went across the road and booked the Magnolia as she was unmovable.The sting is she insisted on charging me for a 2nd night as cancellation fee;my Slovakian friends queried why did I pay her, I had a mouthful of blood after surgery, I felt vulnerable in a foreign country and felt I had no choice; I argued 10 mins to no avail.

I wrote to manager when I got home:
"Dear Owner/Manager:
I am hoping you will reconsider your charge of extra night in light of this proof that I really did not get the room agreed upon."

this was my answer:
from 01.02.2012 is a new owner in the hotel.
We accept your price, but you have made a reservation
for 4 nigts and you was payed a cancellation fee .
This is hotel´s rules.

Best regards

Painful Lesson:
Let buyer beware;always check in case the place you originally booked gets taken over by new management/owner!

Room tip: beware of strangers trying to enter your room; twice in the early hours my door handle was turned; while it disturbed my sleep, I thought someome was perhaps drunk or lost or both; fortunately my room was locked.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Linda T
Reviewed 31 December 2009

We have stayed here twice, out of neccessity rather than choice and both times we were extremely ill! Whilst the apartments look modern and the 2 bedroom apartment is especially spacious, the carpets are filthy especially in the living area, as is the whole apartment (beds/sofas etc re not moved to be cleaned under and we found remnants of the previous tenants dinner under the sofa as well as old food under the kitchen cupboards). The kitchen work surfaces around the sink area are a lab assistant's dream (causing us all to have severe vomiting bugs on both stays) and although the apartment was visited by cleaners daily it was not cleaned at all...in 2 weeks not one work service was dusted nor the floors hoovered/washed to any satisafctory standard. The food, well it is an insult to even call it food to be honest! Having 2 small children meal times were a priority so we had to self cater, without an oven and just a 2 ring hob and microwave! The noise from the street is tremendous and in the hotter months you are up at 4.30am closing windows because of the large lorries bringing in deliveries. So depending on your needs this place is one of those will I wont I? Well I can honestly say that after 2 stays NEVER AGAIN!!! It was hell...

Date of stay: August 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank eastlondoner_9
Reviewed 18 May 2009

On arrival at the hotel we were pleasantly suprised as we hadn't paid a lot and it looked so clean and modern.
The room was really nice but a glass door on the bathroom seemed strange although it was frosted glass.
The half board option was not worth it as the food around the town is all good value and well prepared, yet in the hotel was of a poor standard. The breakfast was bread or toast unless you asked for an omelette, and the dinner had to be chosen in the morning from a very limited menu.
I will go back to this Hotel but won't go for the half board option again.

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)