See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 February 2017

We have been twice in this hotel. We had family apartment and this apartment is really nice and big. Everything is clean and there is really nothing to complain. As we are traveling as family very often for one night stays regarding Kosice I am sure we will be staying in this hotel.

Although breakfast is from 8am, we asked receptionist and he arranged to serve breakfast earlier at 7:30 am.

This hotel is great value for money.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank js77_9
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

For my two days stay in Kosice I choose the Maraton hotel based on previous guest's reviews and the information given were pleasantly confirmed.
I got a standard room on ground floor facing the front of the hotel which was comfortable, nicely arranged and with a spacious bathroom.
As previously reported the morning breakfast was nicely arranged and with plenty of choices.
In general the hotel seems well maintained and cared for, welcoming and practical.
Personnel at reception was kind and helpful.
I had a pleasant stay and will return in the future.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2016

We spent three night there. The porter mentioned at the checkin that there were two weiiding till 11, also said it could last longer. They did. We came to Kosice for the marathon so it was not ideal listening to to bass before the race. Anyway it think a hotel should decide what is important for itself. As I read in previous reviews it was not a unique occasion. The room itself was huge but there was not much natural light. The beds were too soft for me. Anyway, there is is a HUGE construction just by the hotel and even during sunfay they worked (not very loud, but uncomfortable). I never understand how it is possible that a hotel serves breakfast from only 8... and some of the foods were cold, the bakery as if feom the fridge. The hotel is close to the city center and the staff eas friendly. The wifi was ok. The hotel was not expensive but very dissappointing.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

We were welcomed by a friendly and knowledgeable receptionist who organised a taxi and packed breakfast for our very early departure. The room was good size. Shame we only stayed for one night. Would highly recommend and hoping to return there myself.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2016

I have been coming to Kosice a few times this year because of scientific collaboration. Maraton is 10 min walk from the University and 10 min walk from the busy main street full of cosy pubs and restaurants. In Maraton I always choose the 2x exclusive room which is a very big room and furnished like a living room. I like the normal size rooms too but it is so nice to drink a cold beer sitting in a confortable sofa. There is a special style and atmosphere in Maraton. Everything is decorated with taste and some artefacts are funny. People, everybody I met, working there are extremely friendly and helpful. Maraton has an excellent restaurant and its breakfast is something really special. Besides the usual breakfast food there are many local Slovakian small dishes. There is a small gym and then there is the Finnish Sauna which is really Finnish. You can heat it to over 100 degrees centigrades and throw water on the stones. When it gets too hot you go out to a terrace. The staff prepares your sauna experience by lighting some oils with scent putting some lemonade in a can and having relaxing music coming from small device which you can switch off if you dont like. There is also an IR sauna which I never use but just switch it off. There is a big jacuzzi but it is closed temporarily. You can book real massage from reception and a professional massager comes making you to a new human being. The price was 35 euro for 45 minutes and it was worth many times over. If you come by car there is a big guarded lot. There is also a small nice area outdoors to have a glass wine, In fact you always get a voucher to a welcome drink of your choice. Close to Maraton there are many truly interesting museums with full history from centuries back. Slovakia has been in the middle of all historical main events. I like very much the technical musem. There are several nusic scenes, opera, concert hall with own symphony orchestra. Also there is a jazz club where I heard last time Andreas Varady a highly talented Slovakian jazz guitarist. Come to Kosice and stay at Maroton. Stay at least one week and explore Eastern Slovakia and taste all the beers you never get anywhere else. There is pub called Red Nose 5min from Maraton with at least 25 tab beers. All local beers. Even the IPAs. There is beautiful Botanical garden 20 min walk from the hotel. Forget Bratislava when you come to your Slovakian vacation. Eastern Slovakia is still much cheaper than western. Where can you buy 0.5L best Slovak pilsner for 80 cents!

Room tip: choose the big 2x exclusive
Date of stay: May 2016