All reviews great hotel marathon weekend superior room walking distance to the city steak restaurant business trip cost performance nice view from the room great bathroom a nice place to stay free parking little bit perfect stay breakfast buffet is air conditioner stayed one night high quality
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Hotel Yasmin calls itself design hotel and I think you will like its exterior and interior. I really do.

My room was modern, pretty clean and about 25 m big.

The bathroom was great - big bath tub, wood wall, music speakers with, cosmetics.

My bed wasn't very comfortable, it was too hard for me.

Air conditioner was terrible. I wasn't able to switch it off and made a lot of noise all night.

Hotel Yasmin is situated approximately 12-15 minutes walking distance from the old town center (St. Elizabeth Church).

In evening and night I highly recommend to take taxi - surrounding streets seem to me a little bit dark and maybe dangerous.

Food is great and Hotel Yasmin offers restaurant, night bar and room service.

Parking was free, hotel has its own parking lot.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Olivenius
YasminManagement, Manažér at Hotel Yasmin Kosice, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Dear Oliver J,

thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you liked the design of the hotel. As you mentioned we are the only one design hotel in Košice and also in Košice region and we are proud of it. It is a challenge for us to have our services on on a very high standard. We apologize for things that did not meet your expectations. The detailed instructions for operation of the air condition can be found in all rooms in the guest directory or in case that something disturbs you in the room do not heistate to contact our front desk anytime in the future.
We beleive that you will choose us again at your next visit of Košice.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

With the beginning of the holidays, the hotel was showing these Christmas and New Year spirit from the moment you walk into the door. The front desk services were great, fast, and cooperative getting each and every individual in their room. I've been told that the hotel did a major renovation and it is absolutely stunning for a European hotel. Space and comfort is a plus during my stay.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
YasminManagement, Manažér at Hotel Yasmin Kosice, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Dear Angelica R,

thank you for your nice review. You visited our hotel directly at this magical period when the holiday spirit is an integral part of the hotel life. We are happy when our guests feel comfortable already at the entrance to the hotel until leaving the hotel.
We believe that you love to come back to us any time in the future.
We look forward to it!

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Everythink was ok. The hotel is still like new one. Breakfast was rich. There are 3 elevators, it could happen you must wait longer, but it is not the problem.
The hotel have already a plenty of trip adviser medals.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business

Dear Lada S,

thank you for your kind words. Thanks to you - satisified guests the hotel won in 8 years of existence numerous Tripadvisor and other awards we have exhibited in the lobby of the hotel.
We hope that you will also enjoy your next stay with us.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

I stayed at Hotel Yasmin for three nights at the end of September, beginning of October for a business trip.

The hotel is located at the edge of Kosice's city centre, walking distance from the main pedestrian area and across the road from Tabačka culture centre. Hotel's building was converted from an old 1950s/60s hotel that stood derelict for couple of years before it was revamped in 2007 in completely contemporary style. The design is truly spectacular - heavy on blacks, grays, golds and other metallics and with great attention to detail, such as custom wallpaper tastefully featuring hotel's logo.

The rooms themselves are quite spacious, the bathrooms with large showers are one of the biggest I have seen. The toiletries were of very high quality - plus they are organic, which is a nice touch. The wardrobe is located in the bathroom, which is quite unusual, but I did not mind.

My only issue were the twin beds that were actually quite narrow and I found the mattresses to be unpleasantly soft, but I like my beds very hard. The beds are the reason for deducting half a star.

The breakfast was also one of the best I had in Slovakia (although nothing beats Kempinski in High Tatras). There is an ample selection of cold cuts, sausages, cereals, fruits and vegetables. Hot egg dishes can be made to order. Hotel also has its own steak house, which I have visited as well and the quality of food has been very good.

Another half star I deducted for the staff. Some of them are very friendly and smiling and go the extra mile (especially the waiting staff in both bar and the steakhouse), while others (reception people) seem very stern and not overly pleasant.

All in all - beautifully designed hotel, in great location with big rooms and tasty breakfast. i would certainly recommend it to my friends and family for their stay in Košice.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Matúš B
YasminManagement, Manažér at Hotel Yasmin Kosice, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Dear Matúš B,

thank you for your detailed description of experiences during your stay with us. We appreciate your perspective on the details of our services. We apologize for any percieved imperfections. We assure you that we work with our staff daily to make fulfilled the expactations of our guests after their stay with us. Based on this we believe that you will be able to give us five stars after your next stay.
Thank you for your recommendation in advance.
We are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 25 October 2016

We were on an extended holiday in Europe and thankfully found this hotel as we had travelled a long way and we were tired, I would not say we looked disreputable but we were obviously not the sort of people they were used to. Receptionists were ok, not particularly friendly but we didn't care, just wanted a room, which I must admit was very swish, we were high up and had a lovely panoramic view of the city. The room was very nice but on reflection was deceptive as it seemed quite large but wasn't, there was a large table in it which took up a lot of space, the bathroom however was great, the wardrobe was in there however which I found odd but never mind. WiFi excellent, tea and coffee available in the room etc. Free parking, breakfast fine. I just found things a bit stultified breakfast was overseen by a concierge, I felt like we might be slapped if we had too much. Biggest mistake we made was going to the Montana restaurant in the hotel, the main restaurant wasn't open, we had spent what time we had in town and we didn't fancy walking back in to eat as we had an early start. I ordered the sirloin steak and was asked how I would like it, I said rare, the waitress came back a little while later and said that rare was not advisable for that steak I should have well done, I was a bit taken aback but said ok. It was the worst steak I have ever eaten, I could not finish it, I had trouble starting it! It was chewy and tough, simply awful. I don't think this is acceptable in a steak restaurant, my husband was wiser and had fish. We may have been unlucky, I hope that was the case.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
YasminManagement, Manažér at Hotel Yasmin Kosice, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear THERASE,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your opinion is very important to us as we would like to know your perception of our services. Your expressions are giving us opportunity for improvement. We do apologize if you have felt from our reception team, that they were not kind enough.

We do also appreciate your opinion about steakhouse Montana. It seems like misunderstanding. You mentioned we have recommend to you well done steak and this is what we are really not doing. Our black angus meat is best in rare or medium rare condition. Well done condition destroys quality of meat. You also mentioned that your husband had a fish, but we dont have fish in our menu. I would be very happy to have chance to contact you directly and find out all details. Could you please be so kind and provide me with your contact details?

Thank you again for you valuable feedback.
I am looking forward to receive your email.

With best regards,