“Sooooo Gooood...”

Cuisines: Diner, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Price: reasonable. Service: prompt and friendly. Venue: authentic, cosey, and romantic. Food: hearty, rich, sharply balanced, and downright flavorful. The place is wonderful all the way around. I love Slovak food, and here is some of the best anywhere. Well worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,162)

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Must eat here after visiting the castle! Polite staff and tasty dishes in a medieval castle-like environment.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

This restaurant served probably the best meal I've had during our two week trek around Europe (and that's saying a lot considering I come from a city with a vibrant food culture). My friend and I shared the beef slices with homemade vegetable paste served on toast (starter) and the roasted special pork Mangalica with chestnuts and pumpkin puree (main). I cannot say enough good things about the pork! It was cooked to perfection with a bit of crunch on the outside and the perfect amount of fat to meat. The pumpkin puree it was served with was also delicious - it had the texture of mashed potatoes but tasted like pumpkin, combined with the slight crunch of chestnuts and it was absolute perfection. 10/10 would highly recommend trying this place out when in Bratislava! It is on the pricier end compared to other restaurants in the city, but definitely worth every penny.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

• I’ve spent good time in Bratislava. In the hotel were I was accommodated the manager recommend me this restaurant. I had a business dinner with my partner, so I’ve decided to have it in a comfort place. Well, I can’t say anything else then, perfect. We arrived to restaurant in nightly hours and from the beginning I can describe the environment very nice and kindly. Timing of the waiters was amazing. They knew exactly when to come and when not disturb. Food was prepared very quickly but taste very good. The price was above the average, but in the restaurant of this type it is normal. Well, this was my another visit of Bratislava but till this time my experiences with people, services and city globaly are very good and kindly.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a place to have lunch and decided to eat at Modrá hviezda. The food was pretty good and the ambiance was nice. The staff who attended to us were polite as well.