All reviews wellness hotel danube bend spa area nice hotel thermal water could have been better steam room reception desk small kids big variety pools massage facilities hungary therapy tepidarium congress
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

First of all, I would like to say thank you to all the staff that made my stay a peaceful, stress-free and enjoyable 3 days!!!

If you are going through hard times like I did and looking to go somewhere, where you can completely switch off and relax, look no further!

An experienced visitor of wellness hotels recommended me the Thermal Hotel Visegrad and I have to say, it did not dissapoint me in any ways!

From the moment of only enquiring about rooms, different amenities and facilities of the Hotel to the moment of leaving, it was just perfect. Exactly a week has passed since I stayed at the Hotel and I still can't find a better description to my stay!

Here, I would like to mention Csaba Major who is an absolute asset to the Hotel. As I found out, he recieved the Receptionist of The Year award last year, which I am really not surprised about! Nothing was too much trouble for him. He gave me a great insight to the history of the Hotel and the surrounding areas. He actually showed me around different parts of the Hotel that I was interested in, providing every details in a professional yet friendly manner! A true gentleman!

The Hotel is in a great location beside the river Danube bend, therefore I asked for a room with a view to the river, which was absolutely beautiful. The room on its own was massive and clean with a balcony and a huge bathroom! Beds were very comfortable! Also had a TV, which was customised to my name and could set an alarm to wake me up at a certain time! (I thought that was amazing) I asked for room service both morning for which i had to fill in a form. The form had a great breakfast selection, which once I filled in, I had to hand in to reception. The way my breakfast was presented is basically "as you see it in movies!" ;)

I used quite a few services they had to offer from thai massages to regular full body massages, Sauna Seance (Breathing facilitation in Finnish sauna) , Salt Therapy, AlphaSphere (hard to describe the Alpha experience, it is a must to try!) not to mention the different swimming pools! Bare in mind it is winter time and you could easily swim to the outside part of it which was still warm and enjoyable! Yet my favourite place was inside the Sauna Park, a place called Tepidarium which had a drinking fountain located in the centre. Just the perfect place for relaxing!

I arrived to this Hotel as a lost kid, who was unsure about himself and I left as a confident man! A great start to the new year!

There is so much more to mention but these are only words. You will not spend much at this Hotel but even if you do, it'll not matter because the experience you gain is an experience for life!

Thank you all again, see you over the summer!!!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Zsófia P, Vendégkapcsolati vezető at Thermal Hotel Visegrad, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Mr.Szabó!

Thank you for sharing Your remarks with us.
We aim to offer high quality services by taking attention to our Guests’ opinion and our purpose is to make their stay pleasant. I hope we could welcome you again in the future.

Best regards,

Zsófia Nagy Paczné
Guest relations manager

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Hungary is a country I love visiting. My wife comes from Hungary so I have the opportunity to visit this wonderful country many times per year. During my visits there I have stayed in many beautiful Hotels with Wellness and spas.
This time I wanted to stay in a Hotel in Visegrád. The Thermal Hotel Visegrád was suggested by family friends. I read some reviews about it and I decided to visit it.

The first impression of the building was positive. There is also a quite big parking lot for the car. It also has some parking spaces for people with disabilities, which is a big plus.
The ground floor was nice but its colours where really monotone and dull. The employees at the reception desk were really kind and helpful. You can count that they speak English -there are hotels in Hungary that have employees who do not speak well English.
After the check in, I entered the room. Then the disappointment struck me like thunder. You can call me eccentric but I love the carpets of a Hotel room whether they are dirty or not. This one had a plastic cover like wallpaper. The walls had a white wallpaper and no decoration apart from a big "painting" over the bed. There was also a big wooden closet (in which there was a safe with "Low Battery." In which the battery was drained fast, and I had to go to the reception to open the safe to take my stuff out). As for the bathroom, it was small with no shampoo (I always carry mine but I expect to see a little soap at least on the sink) To be totally honest, I felt like I am in a Hospital. At least the room had good temperature. The air-condition kept the room warm.

If anyone has ever read a review of mine will see that I always complain about the naysayers and the crybabies. But this time I become a crybaby but having real reasons.

I changed to swimsuits and I headed to the wellness. There are four pools for adults in the main room and one for the children. There are two pools that lead to the pools that they are outside the building. The one has nets for playing handball which was cold like Alaska and the other a little warmer but not that much warm to go outside. This one is my only complaint about the wellness. The water could warmer.
One more positive thing is that they have accessibility for people with disabilities.

Time for dinner. The food was excellent. I ate more than I could bear. Right now I wish I could eat what I did not eat during my staying in the Hotel. As for the waiters they were very kind and helpful.

After this wonderful meal I needed to sleep. Then all the hell broke loose.
Even though the air-condition was set to 17-18 degrees the room was hot like the greek summer. Also on the sheets I could feel something like little granules. I suppose it was remain from the washing powder but it was really irritating and annoying. These two things costed me a good sleep. Which in the end made me angry but I decided not to write a review immediately as I would misjudge the whole Hotel because of my lack of sleep.

All in all this Hotel has good spas, extremely delicious food and minimal hospital-like rooms.
I would not visit this Hotel again and surely I would not recommend it to friends. Hungary is full of thermal water treasures like in Hajdúszoboszló. Should you visit Hungary, consider other choices before choosing this Hotel. Let it be your last or middle option.

Room tip: There is plenty of accessibility for people with disabilities.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2017

We spent there one Friday night with my husband.
He reserved the room for a couple but we got a room with two single bed.
We didn't complain as it was just for one night but another couple we knew had the same experience.
The room was large, nice and clean.
As to the wellness area, it was nice too with the two outside pools functioning as well.
All pools had some thermal water in them as staff told me.
Unfortunately there were no drinking taps or similar at the saunas area and the infrared sauna could not be used free.
The restaurant was nice and the food was good too.
All in one it was not bad but not an outstanding experience either.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the Danube side (3rd floor) to have a beautiful view.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
thv2004, other at Thermal Hotel Visegrad, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear beabrigi,

thank you very much for taking your time to share your impressions about your stay at our hotel on our Tripadvisor stay. We appreciate your kind words and compliments. All of our rooms are with separated beds, if you want to have the beds as a couple, please note this by the booking or any time on the spot! We are looking forward to welcoming you back at our hotel in the not so distant future.

Warm regards,
Thermal Hotel Visegrád

Reviewed 30 November 2017

We spent three days in this hotel and were satisfied. The room was spacy and clean, the breakfast and dinner buffet offers a lot of different dishes including fruit and vegetable. There are bathrobes in the rooms and so you can go to the spa area easily right from the room. The spa is large and pleasant. The surroundings are nice with the Donau river and some intersting sights to visit- Esztergom, Visegrad, Budapest. The staff in the hotel was very friendly and helpful when necessary.

Date of stay: November 2017

Dear Miroslava,

thank you very much for your great review. We are very pleased to have made your stay a special and memorable one! We are looking forward to welcoming you back at our hotel in the not so distant future.

Warm regards,

Adrienn Herr, sales manager

Reviewed 28 October 2017

We arrived at the hotel after a long bike ride. What a pleasure to have multiple, naturally fed spas right in the hotel. Food is good. Rooms were fine. Guests tend to skew older. A good place to stay as you travel towards Budapest

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
thv2004, Sales manager at Thermal Hotel Visegrad, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Marty K,
we would like to thank you for your review of your recent stay at Thermal Hotel Visegrád.
We were happy to read that you enjoyed the services of our hotels.
We look forward to your next visit at our hotel!

Best regards,