See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 December 2015

The owner was very friendly & helpful, providing hints on how to find things in town & recommendations for restaurants. He speaks German but not English. Our room (ground floor, facing the road) was very bright, well-appointed, & neat. Handy little kitchenette complete with some dishes. Our room overlooked their pleasant little front garden (with little table, for some enjoying of the outdoors). The window was large so let in lots of light & good views but oddly the drapery was just a sheer so at night with the lights on, we were exposed to the street. The street noises were very apparent. This didn't bother us but it might some. Parking is available but limited. It's possible that your car could get blocked in by another car & then you'd have to find who owns that car to play "musical cars." The owner was not on site but came pretty quickly when called (such as to be granted access when we arrived, to check in). Siofok is a small, quiet town. In September, it was not full of tourists & we found it very friendly! having come from Croatia, where everyone spoke English, it was a bit more challenging in Hungary but everyone was friendly & with some German & hand gestures, we got by. We really enjoyed our stay, including / because of / in spite of its quirks. I love that I was awaked in the morning to the sound of a man raking sycamore leaves along the street, keeping their street clean after a rain had knocked down a lot of the big leaves.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

When I arrived I had a choice of room :) was nice, very comfortable double bed, had a TV, fridge and safe. Wifi was okay. The owners were friendly and helpful, and 1 of them spoke fluent english which was a huge help! I found not many people in the small towns spoke much english..

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Nadine H
Reviewed 28 October 2015

A group of three stayed there in late October when Siofok is a bit quieter. The staff were super accommodating to our early arrival and gave us a great choice for rooms based on their availability. We upgraded, and it was really great deal. Christian gave us great advice as to what we could do around Siofok and it really added to our stay. The apartment was clean, spacious and so convenient to the train station (just take the over-the-track stairs!). I would recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank hannahcmacdonald
Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

I needed a break from big cities and decided to visit Siofok on a whim. Walking down the street looking for a place to stay I was warmly greeted by the owner of Bella Villa. He showed me a small room which was perfect for my needs. Comfortable bed, good water pressure in the shower, and a small desk for writing and eating. The room was well supplied with dishes and a small fridge. The owner has great English and spent a while pointing out things I might want to check out in town and answering my questions. The location could not be better on a quiet street near the train station and a short walk to both the lake and the town square. There is a nice park nearby which you walk through to get to the lake and a pedestrian bridge over the train tracks to get to the downtown area. The heating in the room worked great and is easily adjustable by remote control. A wonderful break from big cities and hostel life at a very reasonable price.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 5 October 2015

I have to say on a hot Summer's day in Hungary it was a dream to rent out a room within the Bella Villa in Siofok. The room came with air conditioning and that was so helpful on those hot nights that they seem to have. The rooms were clean, you had a safe to put your belongings and everything was well put together in the room, and it helped to have a kitchen with a fridge as well. The beds were comfortable enough to get a good night's sleep, and everything was clean and well kept. Yo can also rent the extra room beside the main one as well if you have a larger number of people staying. The patio is also nice having breakfast on, which we did and enjoyed it very much. It has a good view from up top looking onto the street and the trees, peaceful in its on way and different but not the main thing you need because you don't spend time looking at the view, you go and experience the Lake mainly and the surrounding area. We were there on Aug/30 and the town was just wrapping up there big party they have down there and it was really enjoyable because it wasn't too crowded, but if you are there you need to check it out at least once in your lifetime while they are in the peak season before Aug/30th. Everything was close by and I have to say Krisztian was very helpful in getting us organized and finding our way around, he speaks German as well as English and is a great host. He also gives discounts to some close by restaurants which you can visit, and you are literally a 5-8 min walk away from the lake and those restaurants. Keep in mind that there is a small cost of 700ft/person (If I remember correctly) to enter the gate where the lake is, but it is free after 6pm which the lake is still warm to go into, trust me, I went in at 9pm.
The place comes with a security fob in which you scan in and enter which is so much better than those keys and trying to find the key hole in the dark after having a few beers, isn't too easy either. We stayed in the upstairs portion on the left side of the picture, you have to go up the spiral staircase, just be careful on the steps it can be a bit steep.
Have to say that Krisztian is very easy to get along with and if you have any problems he is always there to help out. Have to recommend it and I was happy to find it on booking.com and we will definitely stay there again, thank you to Varga Krisztian for a great stay.

Room Tip: Having breakfast on the second floor out on the Patio was nice as well.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple