“OH DEAR...!! SUCH A SHAME!!”
Review of Bella Villa

Bella Villa
Ranked #3 of 107 Speciality Lodging in Siofok
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Bella Villa!!? What can I say?!! And when I started to write this review I honestly wasn't sure as I didn't want to "be hard" on the owners. But now...!!
The pictures shown on the Internet are misleading to the point of confusion might be the first thing to state, as most of the pictures are from the Sister building, The Bella Hotel across the road! To the point that I had a completely different perception of the room we were given to the one I thought the web-site pictures and booking confirmation indicated! Same pictures being used for the two properties.
The owner was very pleasant at check-in (and throughout our two week stay), though his wife did still seem to be "finishing off" our room when we arrived, even though I had given an ETA commencing one hour earlier. Indeed - we had to ask for towels, as there were none! i.e. First "problem" **immediate** - but rectified quickly...!!
Lovely king size bed, the like of which I have never seen in a "hotel" such as this before, with it's "flock" finish mattress matching the headboard! Unfortunately, unlike the pictures, the sheet was so small in comparison that it was of no use whatsoever and nowhere near being close enough to being even adequate for this beautiful King size bed! Which I also discovered by accident had under bed storage, which, being there for two weeks, would have been handy to know!!
The owner stating that he had just finished renovating the room (for the start of the new season no doubt) was no consolation to said "sheet" being torn, with cigarette burns in the pillow, sheet and quilt cover! I'm sorry to have to say that the bedding was well past its "use by" date! Being "there" when the weekly change took place (Yes - sheets and towels were changed only once per week), I noticed that "the towel packet" was "pre-packed" and assumed it came from a laundry / linen provider!? If same is true of the bedding then new linen contract is suggested!!?
Lovely and clean - yes. With the owner insisting that his wife "did a clean" on only our 2nd day! But a lot of other inconsistencies which I needed to double check before writing this review!
I booked a double room - which states...
"It features a private bathroom with a shower, a flat-screen TV and a terrace" (yes).
Room Facilities: Patio (YES - we had Patio), View (NO), TV, Satellite Channels (YES - large new flat screen TV but with all "foreign" channels and not even with a Radio station to listen to music on and NO radio), Bathroom (YES - we had shower room with wash basin and toilet all in one), Tea/Coffee Maker (NO), Kitchenette (NOT REALLY), Dining area (SMALL breakfast bar is the best description it could be given), Electric kettle (NO), Wake Up Service / Alarm Clock (NO)!!
Now... If we were put In an apartment and not the double bedroom because I had asked for a low or ground floor if there was no lift... Then we were not told anything about the hotel services proper, nor offered any choice to use them (so far as I am aware). All gets rather confusing - if you start to see what I mean...?!!
Studio apartment with a double bed, kitchenette, terrace, bathroom and WiFi.
Apartment Facilities: Patio (YES), View (NO - not unless the road counts), Terrace, TV, Satellite Channels (yes ((AS ABOVE)) - all "foreign" with not even a radio station to listen to music on and no radio),Trouser Press (NO), Bath (NO BATH), Electric kettle (NO),Kitchenware (NO)
I didn't book a studio apartment!!? But - nice...!! I had wondered about tea / coffee making facilities but there was NO kettle and NO coffee mugs nor tea cups! NO "Kitchenware" with which to cook or store anything, to the point where I figured that the Fridge and Microwave (which comprised the so-called kitchen / kitchenette) were only for the likes of TV dinners and to reheat "fast food!!?" "Combination Micro Wave Oven" is suggested!!
One of the two glasses provided got cracked which I reported. Cracked glass was taken away never to be replaced!!? So I bought some plastic beakers for Storage use and for coffee making, etc!! 2 glasses for lager but only one Wine Glass!!? (See what I mean about the "small things" ((But important to a comfortable two week stay)) being so important!!?)
HUGE mirror suspended over the bed seemed rather dangerous to both myself and my partner. I checked and "no" It wasn't screwed to the wall, but merely "suspended" from the wall. If that ever comes down on anyone...!!? One always bangs ones head on it when sat up in bed so it does feel rather dangerous!!?
The owner had been friendly and obliging but thigs turned very much to the negative in the last few days. I could see (was watching) as new furniture arrived In "upgrade preparation" for other rooms and apartments, how great efforts were being taken in time and money by the "Bossman" for the new season, but at the cost of those important "little touches!. So why didn't we complain you ask? Well - We'd had to ask for towels (remember... And I'd also needed almost immediately to complain about the WiFi (or lack of it). It does get to the point where one Is embarrassed to complain too much as one then gets "labelled" as a "Whinger!!?"! And shouldn't have to - because these matters should all have been attended to. For the WiFi to this apartment I was told that the problem was because there was no electricity (yet) in the room where the Router was (what use is that)!? Again, obligingly, the owner moved the router and also gave me a password to a separate system for working outside on the patio! But the damn thing was still an absolute nightmare for "dropping out," with great difficulty to reconnect - to the point of "Nightmare WiFi." If you are relying on WiFi for any reason - do be aware! And this is still with "light (out of season) usage. Dreading to think how it might cope with full demand! WiFi being a main reason for booking here in the first place! Which I did also make clear at the time of confirmation = WiFi essential. Travelling for personal business reasons rather than tourist ones, the darn WiFi (lack of) did in fact cost me money!! As part of upgrades, WiFi boosters definitely required! WiFi signal in neighbouring property ALWAYS much stronger - so why not here!?
Discovered two days before departure that an extra two days stay are required but decided with partner to re-locate rather than stay on here! The WiFi really has driven us both nuts!! Noticed comments complaining about old furniture and electrical equipment! That can't be said for this year as other remedial and building work on-going also. Another reason to move - building work taking place. Has become like Chinese Water Torture!! Hammer hammer!! Drill drill!! On the Sunday too (after the Saturday)!! AND THEN ALL DAY LONG ON THE LAST DAY to the point where I completely "lost it" when I went storming in shouting at the builders at a time when they should have "knocked off!" Builders spoke to Bossman. Builders left. Bossman never even offered an apology. He simply had the builders return first thing the following morning! But - we were ready - AND WE LEFT!!

To "round off" - don't get me wrong. I'm certain it will be a great place to stay when all work Is complete! By all means do book here. For us - simply the wrong place at the wrong time BUT - WIFI BOOSTING ESSENTIAL!! Lack of consideration to us regarding building work? We should have been moved or building work stopped. Or offered some sort of compensation / complimentary gift / present. ENDED ON A VERY BAD NOTE FOR US AND IT IS NOT THE WAY TO BUILD A (GOOD) REPUTATION!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank no1pinkpanther

Reviewed 24 July 2013

The owner is very friendy guy and did everything to make our holiday perfect. This place is very close to everything. Literally hundreds of meter from the beach and even the city centre. They are cleaning every single day also do the dishes so we tipped the cleaners with a few euros at the end. I would recomend this place to everyone. I will defenetly come back soon.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank rickysullivan
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

The bella villa is a hotel with apartment solition.
It's really nice.
The owner is friendly.
The hotep is locared no more tgan 5 min walking from the main area.
Right location for whom want to enjoy the party life of siofok but have also rest during the day.
Price are a bit over the average.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank vinrasp
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Stayed in Bella Villa with two other Singaporean friends in July 2012. Our main purpose of the stay was to attend a music festival, Balaton Sound, which was a 10 minute drive from the hotel. The room itself was great - clean, comfortable beds with a nice balcony, and the toilet was also very clean and spacious. Just a 5 min walk away from the town center and the train station, and a 10min walk to the beach made it also extremely convenient.

The rooms were good but the service was fantastic! Probably the best we had during our entire euro trip. Krisztian had such a jolly and infectious personality that we wish we had stayed longer! From the moment we checked in, his service was impeccable - making sure we had everything we needed, giving us recommendations, and providing us transportation to and from the festival, even at ungodly hours of the morning. On the last night of the festival, he and his staff Gabriel even joined us to party!! Such great and friendly people who made our first trip to siofok so memorable and so hard to say goodbye to.

We would recommend Bella Villa anytime and we would definitely love to be able to come back and visit siofok and to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Khym C
Reviewed 10 August 2012

This was one of the first places I stayed when travelling around Europe in May 2012. We stayed here for 6 days and it was amazing. The room was lovely, clean, spacious, small cooking area and a bathroom (what else do you need?!). There was a little table and chairs outside where me and my boyfriends would sit with a drink and a game of cards. Christian, the owner was so helpful - As soon as we got there he gave us a map and pointed out loads of places to go which we would of never have known about if it wasn't for him. He even gave us a lift to a local Spa 2 nights in a row which was an amazing find! I would definitely stay here again, the people here are lovely - Its literally bang in the centre of everything - Behind the apartment is the little town, full of shops, etc and in front is the pubs and clubs! We are planning another trip with friends, Siofok is definitely worth a visit and Bella Villa is the place to stay. Thanks so much for a great stay! Lauren & Chris

Room Tip: All the rooms are similar - Lovely location in the centre of everything!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple