Abbazia Club Hotel
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
Tokajer Pension(Keszthely)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 January 2016

Apartment was very suitable for my family. The kitchen was very small but adequate for our purposes. The beds were not very comfortable. The main bedroom in the loft had bedbugs...I reported this midweek but nothing was done about it. I reported it again a few days later. I hope they have addressed this issue.
The position of the hotel was good...easy walk into the centre of town as well as to the Palace and lake.
Apartment was dated but clean.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Colleen O
Reviewed 26 August 2015

I will start will the good - the room size was good and there are lots of hooks and a drying line. The pool is small, but nice to cool off in. The coffee at the bar is really good.
This hotel is a time share - but it operates as a hotel as well.
When we got to our room I was disappointed with the cleanliness, it didn't get any better. We used the toilet right away, and it would not flush. We informed the staff and went out. Lets just say that we had to complain about the toilet every other day. It never did flush fully even when it did flush. Most times it just didn't flush. Not a great start when you have a family of 4 using one toilet.
We had to ask for clean towels after 3 days. The staff actually came up to our room to be sure that we even needed towels. Yes, I'm really going to steal your crappy towels!
We asked about clean sheets after a few days, front staff said that sheets are changed on Wednesday. Wednesday came and went, and we still didn't get clean sheets. When it is 40 degrees celsius and you have no A/C, everything smells not so fresh.
I lost my temper on Thursday when we had to ask for clean sheets and for the toilet to be fixed again.
We ran out of toilet paper after a few days, they didn't leave and extra roll. We had to ask for more toilet paper, and once again, the staff came up to the room (empty handed) to see if we really needed it.
The breakfast was absolute crap. We had the option of 2 kinds of bread on a good day, and maybe some meat, and peppers. One morning we even got mouldy jam.
The kitchen is equipped, but there is no dish soap, and only one kitchen towel.
The wifi is ONLY in the lobby - not even in our room on the first floor above the lobby.
I was so disappointed in this stay. We've stayed here before, we have been renting houses for the past few visits, and this year, the ones we liked had already been booked. We figured this place was ok, we thought we knew what to expect.
I absolutely love Hungary, but if this was my first impression of a hotel stay in that country, I wouldn't return.
They really need to work on their customer satisfaction and relations. There is no reason to have a hotel stay be this bad. We don't stay at fancy places and we don't expect much, but this place was just awful. I shouldn't have to ask for basics, and be questioned about needing these basics.
As a side note, the front staff this time was much nicer than the last time we stayed here!
I will NEVER stay here again, and I would NEVER recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Find a room in a different hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

It's a bit old-fashioned, not really well equipped apartement (for example it doesn't have enough and/or various kitchen ware), has old television, no wi-fi or air conditioning in the rooms. Only positive is that the "red apartements" have pool and sauna, and it's close to the city center. There is no free parking, it's in a paying parking area. [We've stayed in one of the "red2 apartements"]. /// Kicsit ódivatú, nem igazán jól felszerelt apartman (pèldául kevés és szegényes a konyhai felszereltség), nincs wi-fi és légkondícionáló a szobákban. Az egyetlen pozitív, hogy a "piros apartmanoknak" van medencéje és szaunája és közel van a központhoz. Nincs lehetőség ingyenes parkolásra, fizető parkoló zónában található.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2015 via mobile

I slept here with my family 1 night on our way to south. Premises are all fashioned in bizarre green colour :) however you have parking for 4 EUR, man at reception desk was very friendly and speaks english. Room was without a/c which was not very pleasant during hot night. Breakfast very easy. Lake is in walking distance.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2014

Having stayed in resorts throughout the world for many years courtesy of RCI, I feel that it is important to state very firmly that this is not a resort. To be perfectly frank, it isn't even that much of a hotel - so let's get down to detail.

In the RCI blurb re the "resort" they mention landscaped gardens, pool, bar and restaurant on site and almost hint of more. It may very we'll be that in the height of the season they can come rather more up to the mark, but in September I can advise that they fall rather short - yes there is a pool, set in some green area behind one of the apartment blocks (hardly a landscaper's masterclass), but little else.

As far as the restaurant was concerned, apart from a limited breakfast service for hotel guests, it was closed. And if the bar is the part of the reception counter with a few bottles behind it, then they have little concept of what constitutes a pub/bar environment - besides which, as the reception area is the only place to get Wi fi, the half dozen seats are taken up every evening by e nail checkers.

So, accepting that this place is not a resort, how does it rate as a hotel? Obviously my previous comments re the closed restaurant and lack of a credible bar are very relevant, which only leaves the standard of the rooms. They are basic. The one we had was very spacious but was so sparsely furnished it had all the home comforts of a bus station waiting room. The bed was old, but comfortable enough, and the shower was good. As RCI guests our apartment was fitted with a partial kitchen, and they certainly got the "partial" description right.

I am quite used to not having kettles in rooms (perhaps it is a British thing), but surely a pre-requisite for breakfast is being able to make toast? So if the partial kitchen doesn't stretch to a full oven or grill - wouldn't a simple toaster be a good idea?

In conclusion - I would not consider using this again a an RCI exchange because, quite simply, I expect rather more of a resort than a pool in the back garden. As a hotel - it is OK as long as you accept that this is a no frills example of the genre.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple