All reviews taking place on wednesdays outdoor pool centre of town summer sauna cleaners utensils garden castle balaton museum
Reviewed 11 September 2014

August 2014. Not at all like the photos, not what I or my girlfriend would call clean but livable, we stayed 6 nights but sheets were never changed. A strange setup to the hotel in different building divided by roads. Breakfast was OK. Easy walking distance to the town center and the lake beach.
Only had one issue THE BILL not what my paperwork said from booking.com 40 Euros more - still trying to find out why and who is wrong!! Argued the point with girl on reception but We had a train to catch so paid and await response to my email.
all in all a budget hotel and you know the saying - You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raymond C
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I visited Abbazia during a cycle tour of Slovenia, Hungary and Croatia. I stayed one night. I arrived before midday as I cut short the bike ride due to poor weather. I found the rooms more then adequate - Mine had a kitchenette as well as a bathroom.

The staff were very helpful - although I am sure the poor girl looking after both restaurant and bar could have done with an extra pair of hands. That's no criticsm of her. She had far too much to do and coped admirably.

I thought the restaurant food was excellent. As elsewhere in the region, the food is good, wholesome fare. It's not sophisticated (good!) and there is plenty of it (even better!). It is very good value. The only thing I disliked was the coffee.

There is not much to do in the hotel, although they offer horse riding (not my thing). The location is quite isolated so unless you like walking, cycling or horse riding, it is probably not the place for you. I liked it and would recommend it as a place to stay, although not somewhere to spend an entire holiday,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel primarily selling holiday rights, slightly run-down apartments, but 1-2 nights you can survive.
4 person apartment, but really only enough for two. The sofa-bed, old, in our room it was torn down.
The breakfast is terrible, cheap raw materials compiled menu with the undrinkable coffee.
the staff are helpful. Very cheap.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was the second part of our summer holiday. We stayed in Budapest for a couple of days (first much better)! We travelled down by train, what a nightmare. Told the hotel was in walking distance from the station we set off walking (it was 38 degs) so seemed a long way) We'd booked for 2 weeks( apparently unusual) and were told the only apartment was on the top floor(no lifts) "and we cannot move". It was awful, like a loft conversion with no proper opening windows. We were in the loft with no air conditioning. We managed a week and had to beg for a move. We were moved over the road to a real apt! Still no air con but an opening window. The whole place was very basic and had the feel of East Germany before the wall came down. The best staff were in the restaurant. The pool area desperately needed some attention and the pool looked dirty. There were never enough sunbeds and several of the ones that were available were broken.
We wanted to go somewhere different, well we did, but won't be going back. It spoilt the holiday.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed here in the middle of September in the Z building. The apartment, on the first floor, was basic and clean. The furniture was not comfortable and the lighting was very poor. We did not intend cooking so the kitchen was adequate. We used the wifi in the reception but we did not visit the pool. The restaurant attached to the hotel was usually empty and there was no atmosphere.

The apartments are within easy walking distance of the town and a short distance from the railway station. No information about the area is given but there is a good tourist information office in the town. We found that the Halcszarda restaurant a short way out of town (through Helicon Park) was the best one in the area

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are basically the same from conversations with other guests.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple