Ibis Gyor
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnice hoteltrain stationszent istvanclose to the city centerthank you very muchno surprisespark your carold townnight staydouble bedreception deskshort stayparkingwifireceptionistvouchervienna
Reviewed 26 August 2011

This is the first time I stayed in one of the Ibis hotels and I must say it's a really nice hotel, very clean rooms.The only thing not that good was that the place to take brakfast was kind of small, the tables very close one to each other, you don't have that much space to move. Other than that, it is a very nice hotel and would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank CristinaR0
czarlajos, General Manager at Ibis Gyor, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at ibis Győr. I look forward to your next visit in Győr or in one of our 900 ibis hotels worldwide.

General manager

Reviewed 17 August 2011

The personal at front office is very nervous, we talked to a small lady with long dark hair who talk very rood when we asked her if we could go to breakfast from 6 45 .The starting hour was 6 30 but she didn't let us to eat until 7 having no reason.
She was not polite at all when we show ed her a big bug near our breakfast and in the lobby of hotel. She said it's only a coachroaces, it's not in our food is near it. Awfull!!!
We'll never return there and my advice is not to go there unless you like bugs all over the place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cristiana041
czarlajos, General Manager at Ibis Gyor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at ibis Győr. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter.
I would like to clarify the breakfast situation. In case we accommodate more groups we have to ask the groups to start the breakfast in an agreed time in order to prepare everything at the best quality and avoid of long waiting time. That was the reason we asked you to wait a little bit.
The bug you have seen are certainly not a cockroach (we never had any in the hotel), but a harmless protected beetle (Carabus Hungaricus) which are active in our area for 2-3 weeks at late summer. These species are endangered and are strongly protected by the European Union (Habitats Directive). Certainly we do everything possible to keep them away of the hotel.

We pride ourselves on our staff training, so this is something I will be looking into personally and make a training for the front office staff immediately.

A TripAdvisor Member
Trollhättan
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We loved the hotel but if we could complaint about something it would be the beds because of their hardness. You might consider to have softer beds. Also it would be nicer if you had greater variety of food in the evening when any other restaurants are closed and people get to the hotel hungry and tired.
Otherwise we are very pleased. Top rate for your perfect WIFI!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
czarlajos, General Manager at Ibis Gyor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Ibis Győr and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Lajos Czar

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Perfect location downtown Gyor. Own parking and garage. Clean room and excellent bed. Professional staff at the reception desk, multilingual and moving fast (for check-out , card payment and my invoice it took just two minutes, better than my personal average experience of 5 to 7 minutes).Due to three groups waiting for breakfast, I had to skip it, so no experience with their breakfast service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
czarlajos, General Manager at Ibis Gyor, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2011

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in ibis Győr.

I look forward to welcoming you back at hotel ibis Győr.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

The hotel was clean, comfortable and, staff were kind and efficient. Breakfast consisted of a simple but nice buffet (though, if it wasn't included in the price, we probably would have taken breakfast in town). We were on a cycling trip and were able to store our bikes in the underground car park. It is located a short walk (5-10mins) from the centre of town). Of the four hotels we stayed in during our trip to Hungary (which included a 4-star in Budapest), this was the best. Though we generally prefer to book into independent hotels/ B&Bs, we have stayed in a number of Ibis hotels in the past have found them to be one of the better chains in terms of comfort/ facilities/ value-for-money; this was a good specimen.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rousers
czarlajos, General Manager at Ibis Gyor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2011

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Ibis Győr and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Mr. Lajos Czár, general manager