See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 April 2018

I´ve spent only one night at the hotel. The style of the hotel is not exactly my taste but it fits for those who like reputable buildings and antique furnishing. Room was nice and clean. Some things were missing, like one blackout curtain from other window and therefore sun was disturbing us in the morning. Other problem was with aircondition. In the room was 24 degrees and thatswhy we closed the window and switched on the aircondition. It was seted up to 16 degrees but temperature did not decrease at all in more than two hours. We had to open the window but at the same time the hotel stuff was smoking at the yard and tobaccos smell came into our room (1st floor). Other strange thing that they yelled to each other occasionally at the courtyard. Breakfast was more than average and waiter did not put new ham plate even though new guests have arrived around 9.30 am. Service at reception was indifferent and bored. One of the receptionist did even say that he can´t wait to get home :) I understand it was kind of joke but in hotel industry this should not be said. Not my worst experience but not my best one eighter.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We rent a suite for a weekend on the first floor. I loved the charm of this old-fashioned hotel, with it's silk covered walls, comfortable leather furniture, pretty glazed ceramics. Our room was cleaned every day. I loved the atmosphere of this place, it was like one night in a library :)) The city centre is very close, only ten minutes walking. I also loved the restaurant of the hotel (John Bull), fine dishes with friendly staff.

Room Tip: Suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Where do I start.
The sandard of cleanlines was absolutely appauling. One day my room wasn't cleaned at all. The bathroom was never cleaned in 6 days.
One day I was searching for a lost earplug(very noisy outside the front of the hotel from a local bar until the early hours) I pulled away the bedside cabinet to find a used condom!!
A further search resulted in an empty whisky bottle under the bed.
There were no coffee making facilities in the room and the whole hotel is in need of some serious renovation.
Breakfast is from 7.00 to 10.00, unless you get there for 7.00 you will find the bacon, eggs and sausage cold as they are put in a metal container that has no heat to keep it warm.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I spent there only one night but it was very good choice. My room was pretty big and well furnitured. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Big free of charge parking was also available. 10 minut walking to the center of the city. Only breakfast could be better.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I hate writing negative review so I don't, but Hotel Obester needs a wake up call. First to rate this hotel 4-stars is essentially laughable at its current state. While its location is excellent, close to city center and steps away from the tram, the perks kind of stop there. I stayed 2 nights, but not anytime soon again. The hotel is very dated, neglected and it is simply not clean. Hair on the floor of the bathroom, rundown fixtures, but the photo I am attaching will speak volumes. Just check out the filthy walls. The restaurant serves very good food but we waited over an hour between courses.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo