“Delicious dishes in a very nice setting”
Review of Bock Bistro

Bock Bistro
Ranked #210 of 3,692 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Erzsebetvaros
Description: Bock Bisztró was the first Hungarian bistro in the capital of Hungary. Since 2004 Lajos Bíró, the internationally well-known chef and his team won almost every award in Hungary and thanks to their efforts, the bistro is listed in the Michelin Guide since 2006. Traditional Hungarian cuisine, unique flavours and a wonderful experience of the country’s astonishing gastronomy – Bock Bisztró aims to give them all and even adds a little twist sometimes... one has only have to think about their famous foie gras sushi, chicken paprikash paired with frog leg or the bizarre ice cream selection (tobacco, sausage, paprika). Bock Bisztró is one of the big favourites in Budapest when it comes to traditional Hungarian gastronomy.
Reviewed 19 October 2020

The location, interior, and service are all excellent. The food was tasty and well prepared. The only thing was the desserts were a bit on the sweet side for our liking.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank WSS64
Write a reviewReviews (2,105)

Reviewed 26 May 2020

Our waiter, Roland Molnar hears our request. We desire authentic Hungarian food and nothing but very good Hungarian wines. It's on him and he comes through.The food is magnificent and the wines even better. Hortobagyi palacsinta, a Hungarian Crepe is excellent. The mace dumpling ox cheeks with matzo dumpling and golden river trout are also excellent. Roland's selections of two white, a rose, a red and a Tokaji are all excellent. Well done!

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank 445cjw
lucaprisc, Közönségkapcsolati vezető at Bock Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2020

Dear 445cjw,

Thank you very much for your kind review, hope we'll see you very soon.
Have a nice day: team Bock

Reviewed 15 March 2020

Ate here twice during a recent stay at the Corinthia. The tasting menu was amazing - just really delicious, great range of flavours and really memorable. The cheese cake was superb and the foie gras and steak, incredible. Retuned next day just for one course and that was just as lovely. Beautifully presented, great flavours and friendly service. A good price for this quality of food too.

2  Thank Dandydees
Reviewed 12 March 2020 via mobile

Booked a table for 9pm this Tuesday gone.
We was really looking forward to eating here after all the good reviews.
I ordered the fois Gras trio for starter and my girlfriend the vegetarian selection.
Both were immaculately presented flavours I thought did not live up to how it looked . The fois gras I just did not get at all. Flavours did not blend well with me and the mountain of salt on the fois gras was overbearing, the other bit looked like a panacotta and was covered in torched brown sugar and to taste it was like cheese and sugar with consistency of a mouse.
For mains my girlfriend had perch which was lovely and very much liked the sauce. My ox cheek was very nice and the sauce but over seasoned but still enjoyable.
For desert I ordered the poppyseed tiramisu and my girlfriend the cottage cheese with dill.
Mine was so bad and had no sweetness at all had to send it back but they changed no problem at all. My girlfriends I tasted and I thought it was delicious combo of flavours along with the jelly strip.
The waiter gave two good choices for wine but felt we was rushed as we had a late booking.
Also the restaurant was not warm
Judging by the reviews I’m guessing we caught them on a bad day

1  Thank delves
lucaprisc, Marketing at Bock Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2020

Dear delves,

Thank you for your review.
We are very disappointed you didn't enjoy the flavors at our restaurant, as it seems there were no problem with the dishes or the service at all but your taste don't match with our style.
Hope you'll give us an other chance and next time we'll be able to give you better choices so you'll leave with full satisfaction.

Have a nice day: team Bock

Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

I visited the restaurant last weekand the food is just delicious.
Thanks for looking after us Roland.

1  Thank 748martonb

Dear Marton,

Thank you very much for your review, we'll pass your nice words to Roland.

Have a nice day and see you soon: team Bock