“Really disappointed”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic downtown Indian restaurant operating since 2005.We also do deliveries takeaways and party catering.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived here on TripAdvisor recommendations without a reservation, although I had emailed to try to book and had no response. We were told we would get a table in 10-15 mins. This ended up being 45 mins. The staff were apologetic but honesty would have been far better as we would have gone elsewhere. We were offered a free drink as compensation for our wait but even this was very late arriving. The restaurant isn't huge but the food was so slow. In all it was 2 hours from us arriving to receiving our main course. The starters were adequate but virtually all were deep fried in batter. Very little spicing. The mains were better although the naan vas very small and the peas pilau rice too. I ordered chicken for my main and got lamb but was too hungry by then to wait for it to be sorted out. All in all the service was poor, not enough staff and the kitchen seemed to struggle to cope. We are huge fans of Indian food and eat it regularly in the UK and the food here is ok, not good or great. We would not recommend it when there are so many other good restaurants in this city.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a day after my birthday in September (10th to be precise) and my Niece with her friend decided to treat me to a special Indian meal...

I subtly told them to forget about it because l whole heartedly did wish to have problems with my stomach during my evening flight back to Paris from Budapest Airport which was located in Pest.

Suffice to say however, that it turned out to be an afternoon of great finger licking delight!

The food was well cooked and the service was exceptionally warm, friendly and very personal...

I asked for more after the first serving...

It was indeed a great way to draw the contains on my birthday celebration in Hungary.

1  Thank luckyumukoro
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are always a bit dubious going to Indian restaurants when abroad especially as we are a group of fussy Indians ourselves. We took a chance and are very glad that we did. The meal was really good.
We turned up without a booking but were quickly seated and waited on by a lovely, sweet young lady who had just started there. Service in general was good.
We ordered a mix of vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes and all arrived hot together. The spicing was spot on and the portions are generous.
My only criticism was that the gulab Jaman dessert was too sweet for my liking although I ate it all!
Make the effort to seek this place out - we would definitely return again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Anu S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food was delicious - simple as that - one of the best Indian food in my experience. I was happy to find that restaurant, the stuff is amazing. I will not write a lot, as you can understand that everything was super

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Surprising were very well received and the service and co operation was excellent.
All dishes ordered were well prepared to authentic Indian taste.
Will recommend and go back next time i am there.