“A lovely city and an excellent apartment”
other travellers have booked this property
Bedroom 1 kitchen
8 person dining area
bathroom 1
bathroom 1 connecting 2 bedrooms
shower room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
German first
Any
MissTday
“A lovely city and an excellent apartment”
Reviewed 21 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

The apartment is well situated to all of the sights in Budapest. There are trams you can catch or bikes to hire, but we preferred to walk everywhere. The apartment is spacious, clean, warm and comfortable, with all mod cons. There were no noise issues at all. From the airport we caught the bus and then the train which took 1 hour and cost 700 forints. The underground train station is about 3 minutes walk to the apartment.
We had a great time in this city, we spent 4 days and got to see all of the sights, and had time to spend an afternoon at one of the spas. The people all speak excellent English, but they do like it if you throw in a "koessoenoem" (thank you).
The communication when booking the apartment was easy and PJ, the owner, met us on the day to show us around the apartment and explain whereabouts in the city the various locations were.

Pat D
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Well located and equipped apartment in the centre of Budapest”
Reviewed 8 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We stayed here for a week at the beginning of August and the apartment is exceptionally spacious, clean and had everything we needed. Don't be put off by the door to the street or the shops on either side of it. The lift is small but it only takes a couple of minutes to go up and come down again. It is a few doors away from Lidl (nice croissant for Breakfast) and directly opposite a beautiful building housing the Eifel Palace Hotel. PJ the owner was very helpful with everything with everything we asked about, and there is a stop for the Tourist Buses about 1 min walk round the corner. It is well located for good restaurants and sight seeing. I would happily stay again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spaciousness and flexibility of accommodation layout
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Asoby
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Ms”
Reviewed 27 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We had a super stay in the apartment. Well equipped & clean. Very helpful host.

Is the building a bit ugly? Yes! Is the lift tiny? Yes. Early check out? Yes - but none of this came as a surprise as it's in the contract!

Centrally located, loads of things to do within short walking distance.

Can't fault anything and can only recommend it to anyone.

bluebell1...
worcestershire
“Perfect location perfect apartment”
Reviewed 5 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Had a wonderful long weekend in Budapest . The apartment is in a great location very close to all transport links and also easy walking distance to the Danube and the city centre . The apartement itself is very well appointented and PJ was a wondeful host.

Travelling group: Extended Family
cathyt763
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Adequate but not lux.”
Reviewed 11 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed here with my husband,16 year old daughter,19 year old daughter and her boyfriend so on paper this apartment seemed perfect. The apartment was clean and spacious and adequately equipped but is located in a not very nice building or area. The building itself is very run down with a lot of businesses located within it.and it is on a very busy 6 lane road at the front with an office block and gym at the back. We were fortunate enough to have nice weather and so needed the windows open on a night, but it was impossible to sleep due to the road noise and loud music from the gym early in the morning so I can imagine that summer would be difficult. Whilst all the furniture in the apartment was in good condition and absolutely adequate it is mostly from ikea so can not be described as luxury and the mattresses on all the beds were quite thin and not very comfortable.
PJ answered all my emails very promptly and was there to meet us a few minutes after my phone call to let him know we had arrived. Other reviews say that he was a wonderful host but I am unable to comment on this as he had to go meet someone else so we only chatted to him for about 15 mins on arrival and 10 mins when we left. This was not an issue for me
as I am happy to find my own way around. Check out time is 10am so be aware that if you have a late flight you will have take all your bags to the train station around the corner to store as there are no storage facilities at this apartment.
We take a city break at this time every year and book an apartment as we prefer the flexibility it offers. We had a great time in Budapest and the apartment was ok but in comparison to others we have stayed in it did not live up to expectations.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The apartment was clean and spacious.
Liked least: On a very busy road and very noisy.
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
12 Apr 2016
Dear Cathy
I am sincerely sorry that your stay was not as pleasurable as all others seem to have had according to the many 10 out of 10 reviews the apartment has received in the past, actually a near perfect score, but of course its clear you a very different person than any other guest I have previously hosted.
Initially I did consider to furnish the property with only the best furniture that money can buy but decided that the top end Ikea furniture which many millions of people are very proud to showcase in their own homes would be a better fit as a 5000 euro dining table can be damaged very easily by travelers passing through, so I opted for the only 1200 euro option with the idea if I had to replace things it would not force me to raise my prices from the extremely reasonable 80 British pounds per night to 200 British pounds per night or more, that way I provide a hub for many travelers ranging from all walks of life without them breaking their piggy banks, this allows my guests can have a nice quality place in the City center and keeping within their budgets.
Usually most are very surprised and comment its better than what they expected and real value for money. Comments like that make it all worthwhile and motivate me to continue being a host.
When talking about the City Center that brings me to your comment concerning noise, again I am sincerely sorry for your experience, I can only say Budapest is a metropolis full of city sounds, to really avoid that a guest would need to move out of the city center, working cities are unfortunately very busy and have city noise.
But as I did foresee that possible issue I installed very expensive double glazing to combat any noise pollution which works really well if the windows are closed, actually they do a great job and provide complete silence.
Also as another barrier to sound or light, did you try using the electronic shutters which I have installed in each room? The switches are on the walls next to the window.
If you do feel the need to sleep with the windows open in March they can be put down by the flick of a switch and you can open the window for air and it can help a little.
I am also sorry that you were not happy to leave the apartment at 10 am as is published on the site and in the contract, usually I am very flexible with that if I have no other guests arriving the same day but unfortunately this time I did have guest arriving at 2 pm which again is in the contract, so really I could not help you and I did realize when you asked this question as soon as you arrived, you were very upset that your could not stay until your flight left at 8.30pm.
Because I am forced to honour the contract of the website, and need a few hours between booking to clean and prepare for the next guests I couldn’t have you staying longer than the published check out time.
I also cant and never will take responsibility for anyone’s unattended belongings that you asked to store, this is an obviously security issue if something were to go missing from you baggage I would be blamed, and it would not be very pleasant to have you disturbing the privacy of my next guests when you decide to pick up your left luggage from what effectively is their new holiday home, I don’t think that would be a very pleasant experience for all concerned.
So a real solution for that is guests can leave their bags in the left luggage locker at the train station around the corner from the apartment (150 meters away) for less that 2 euros a large locker and simply carry on sightseeing until they are ready to head back home.
This is a great facility and a welcomed option usually, but I am sorry this was a struggle for you.
In answer to your last grievance concerning we only spent only 15 minutes chatting on check in and 10 on check out, I am very confused as normally weary travelers arriving 8pm prefer to get in and settled quickly and then enjoy their privacy.
After I go over the things in the apartment and explain where the nearest supermarkets and change areas are and provide wifi codes ect, I always finish the induction with “ is there anything else I can help you with?” and pause then “ please don’t hesitate to call if you need anything” this usually digs out any last questions which might need to be answered and prevents me from overstaying my welcome. Really I try not to impose myself on my guests, so I will continue to do so as It has never been a issue in the past.
So all in all I will take your feedback but I will also provide some.
If I had a late flight back home I would absolutely check the check out times before booking or even message the host and ask is it possible to stay around longer. The check in out time is published on the site.
I would also also check the Google map provided on the site to confirm the properties location.
If top end Ikea furniture is not to your taste, please check the photos which are also on the site before booking to decide if isr what you like or you could simply raise your 85 pounds budget to many hundreds to book a 5 star hotel room or hotel apartments.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing