All reviews washing machine metro station fully equipped kitchen air freshener sofa bed large apartment stag weekend ruin bars luggage room early hours bars and restaurants jewish quarter small balcony short stay noisy at night these apartments internet access
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed at these apartments for four nights from Thursday 24th to Monday 28th August with eight friends ,my travel agent booked four rooms ,three for two people in each and one for three people she was assured by the hotel that we would have a bed each as we are nine males,this was not the case in two of the rooms that were for two people ,it was a double bed and granted there was a sofa bed but this was not made up ,there was only bedding on the double bed as if they were expecting us to share a bed ,in the other twin room two of my friends had to share the double bed as they had no sofa bed in their room just a badly stained normal sofa ,on pulling out the sofa bed in my room the bedding was in storage underneath two badly stained duvet with no covers they were absolutely disgusting badly stained with urine ,excrement,and what looked like period blood ,the apartments themselves badly need renovations,granted the sleeping quarters looked as if they had recently been decorated but the kitchen and bathroom were run down and badly needed renewed ,in previous comments by management the say they are renovating but it's seems rather than do the whole apartment at once and renew everything there only doing minor cosmetics ,also when I pay for accommodation through my travel agent I don't expect to be held to ransom by the hotel and be forced to pay a deposit for the key to get into my room 20 Euro or 6000 huff if you don't pay this then you don't get your key and it's one key per room if you want more you pay another deposit if you lose the key you pay again ,it's also on a road with bars and takeaway shops so the noise in the rooms to the front is relentless right through the night ,the doors to the apartments are heavy duty security doors so you have to listen to the information very carefully regarding how to use the key or you will have bother getting the door open ,there are two lifts but only one was working when we were there and there tiny any more than three people at any one time and it won't work as to much weight so you end up walking up and down stairs,the stairwells could also do with being painted as they are pretty grubby ,staff encountered at reception were friendly enough ,would I recommend these apartments NO,this is my fifth year staying in Budapest and this has been the worst digs yet ,the photos of rooms you see on agape website are nothing like that in real life as my photos show

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tom B
Hotel A, Customer Service Assistant at Agape Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Tom,

Thank you for sharing your comment about your experiences. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. I hope you will be more content next time.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Jet2 claim there is a cafe on site... it is over a kebab shop! ! !
There was only one towel for a double room & I queued 15 mins to speak to reception, only to be told to return later.
Small double bed behind wardrobe.
Shower fixing is at midget height.
Be warned air con €5 per night extra. City tax & key deposit must be paid. Check in takes 15 mins.
Only 1 lift works.
Fridge door bars missing so not good for bottles.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel A, Customer Service Assistant at Agape Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comment about your experiences. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. We work hard to make our sevice much better, and do everything as good as we did before.
I hope you will be more content next time.

Ms Evelin Németh Customer Service Assistant

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

This place is a catastrophe. We stayed for 2 nights (2 adults, 2 children: 1
and 4 years). We reserved a highchair for the baby - not there. The apartement was in a disgusting shape: hair in the sink, stains on the sofa, spider webs on the ceiling, dirt on the floor, etc. When I showed pictures of it at the reception and asked for the room to be cleaned again, they apologized and said it would be done. But when we got back, everything looked the same, except the spider webs were gone. I asked the manager the next day, if they were serious about it - if that was their understanding of cleaning. She said: "We did everything you asked us for."
Seriously? No more words needed.
Never again!
Besides: there is construction work in the street in front of the hotel, so it's really loud and dusty.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Hotel A, Customer Service Assistant at Agape Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comment about your experiences. This mistake is entirely our own and we apologize for the inconvenience it is causing you. We work hard to make our sevice much better, and do everything as good as we did before.
I hope you do give us the chance to make it right during your next stay and you will be more content next time.

Ms Evelin Németh Customer Service Assistant

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I organised my friends hen do and I booked Agape based on location and cost. It was 10 of us in total so I booked 2 apartments, both 2 bedroom which said they sleep up to 6 people.
The apartment building was quite easy to find, located above shops and bars on Akacfa utca, just above the busy Rakoczy ut. Check in was a little tricky as we had to pay upfront, including the additional 5 Euros per apartment per night for the AC / it was between 36-40 degrees for the entirety of the 3 nights of our trip / and the deposit for the keys and AC remotes. Once we paid we were given our keys and found our apartments, both if which were on the second floor / reception on 1st /. One of the apartments was a duplex, with a large open plan kitchen / diner / living room with 2 beds, also a balcony and downstairs toilet, with a further 2 double bedrooms and a family bathroom upstairs. Very large, clean, with more space we needed - the apartment could have quite comfortably slept 8. The other apartment was on 1 level, with a larger and better equipped kitchen complete with island, sofabed and bed in the living room, balcony and 2 double bedrooms, also a,family bathroom and separate toilet.
All of our party was very satisfied with our apartments, but keep in mind, despite the balcony opening onto the courtyard smoking is not allowed on them and there is a 100 euro fine if caught - they do allow smoking in the courtyard that opens up from the first floor.
Location was absolutely perfect - shops within a few minutes, including 2 large supermarkets, also some of the famed ruin bars / Fogas, Instant / are on the same street as the apartments. Szimpla is about 10 minutes walk, if you walk slowly. Plenty of food outlets as well. We had our opening meal at Menza and we managed to walk to it in about 10 minutes also. I actually had to change our reservation after we arrived, the lad in reception was very helpful and called them up for me to do this.
One complaint - Friday morning we were awoken at around 7am by very loud, relentless banging. There were workmen in the building so it must have been them. Also, we saw those workmen smoke on their balcony. We also had to ask for our kitchen bin to be emptied, as the previous guests rubbish was still there. They did this within a few minutes and as previously stated the apartment was clean otherwise.
Checkout was quick and we got our deposits back within a few minutes.
I would return, I was very impressed with the size, cost very reasonable / just over £600 for the 2 apartments for 3 nights - so between 10 of us just over £60 / , location near perfect.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank TimeaRose
Hotel A, Customer Service Assistant at Agape Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely comment about us.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and you found our apartment nice.
Me and my team are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Just basic accommodation however certainly great value for money! Clean apartments walls are a little bit shabby but it honestly did not bother us especially for the price we paid, would definitely stay here again.

Large apartment rooms quiet enough. Apartments are in a really central hotel opposite a fab jazz bar the old man's club! Great proper kebabs in the little take away next door too.
Can walk to the main river Danube area from this hotel however you are in a pretty cool area to stay in anyway.

Street facing room gives you opportunity to have a nosy out on to what's going on you can see up and down the whole street and its not a noisy street by any means. So dont worry about getting to sleep. I think the other rooms have a view of like a garden area which had building bricks etc in them and also every other person's balconies face out this way too so not very private.

Room Tip: Street facing rooms by far the best and are not noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hannaht89

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write about us. It is so great to read about your satisfaction. I hope you will have some time again to visit Budapest.

All the best,