All reviewswashing machinemetro stationfully equipped kitchenair freshenersofa bedlarge apartmentstag weekendruin barsluggage roomearly hoursbars and restaurantsjewish quartersmall balconyshort staynoisy at nightthese apartmentsinternet access
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I organised my friends hen do and I booked Agape based on location and cost. It was 10 of us in total so I booked 2 apartments, both 2 bedroom which said they sleep up to 6 people.
The apartment building was quite easy to find, located above shops and bars on Akacfa utca, just above the busy Rakoczy ut. Check in was a little tricky as we had to pay upfront, including the additional 5 Euros per apartment per night for the AC / it was between 36-40 degrees for the entirety of the 3 nights of our trip / and the deposit for the keys and AC remotes. Once we paid we were given our keys and found our apartments, both if which were on the second floor / reception on 1st /. One of the apartments was a duplex, with a large open plan kitchen / diner / living room with 2 beds, also a balcony and downstairs toilet, with a further 2 double bedrooms and a family bathroom upstairs. Very large, clean, with more space we needed - the apartment could have quite comfortably slept 8. The other apartment was on 1 level, with a larger and better equipped kitchen complete with island, sofabed and bed in the living room, balcony and 2 double bedrooms, also a,family bathroom and separate toilet.
All of our party was very satisfied with our apartments, but keep in mind, despite the balcony opening onto the courtyard smoking is not allowed on them and there is a 100 euro fine if caught - they do allow smoking in the courtyard that opens up from the first floor.
Location was absolutely perfect - shops within a few minutes, including 2 large supermarkets, also some of the famed ruin bars / Fogas, Instant / are on the same street as the apartments. Szimpla is about 10 minutes walk, if you walk slowly. Plenty of food outlets as well. We had our opening meal at Menza and we managed to walk to it in about 10 minutes also. I actually had to change our reservation after we arrived, the lad in reception was very helpful and called them up for me to do this.
One complaint - Friday morning we were awoken at around 7am by very loud, relentless banging. There were workmen in the building so it must have been them. Also, we saw those workmen smoke on their balcony. We also had to ask for our kitchen bin to be emptied, as the previous guests rubbish was still there. They did this within a few minutes and as previously stated the apartment was clean otherwise.
Checkout was quick and we got our deposits back within a few minutes.
I would return, I was very impressed with the size, cost very reasonable / just over £600 for the 2 apartments for 3 nights - so between 10 of us just over £60 / , location near perfect.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank TimeaRose
Hotel A, Customer Service Assistant at Agape Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely comment about us.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and you found our apartment nice.
Me and my team are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Just basic accommodation however certainly great value for money! Clean apartments walls are a little bit shabby but it honestly did not bother us especially for the price we paid, would definitely stay here again.

Large apartment rooms quiet enough. Apartments are in a really central hotel opposite a fab jazz bar the old man's club! Great proper kebabs in the little take away next door too.
Can walk to the main river Danube area from this hotel however you are in a pretty cool area to stay in anyway.

Street facing room gives you opportunity to have a nosy out on to what's going on you can see up and down the whole street and its not a noisy street by any means. So dont worry about getting to sleep. I think the other rooms have a view of like a garden area which had building bricks etc in them and also every other person's balconies face out this way too so not very private.

Room Tip: Street facing rooms by far the best and are not noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write about us. It is so great to read about your satisfaction. I hope you will have some time again to visit Budapest.

All the best,

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel/apartment last minute, situated above an open indoor market (which have some weird and wonderful things!)
Rooms were spacious for the 3 of us (1 room with double bed and 1 very large sofa bed) including kitchen which your usual utensils and and average bathroom, dining table, tv.
Visited during December to see the Christmas markets which were absolutely amazing... The apartment wasn't one of your most extravagant hotels but perfect for what we needed - Budapest as a city was beautiful especially during the Christmas period!
I would recommend this Aparthotel for travellers/ city goers who don't particularly want to spend a great deal of time in the hotel as there is so much to see and do in the city anyway. Has balcony over looking residential area and some of the city itself.

Got the metro and bus from the airport, was very simple (used google maps bus and train tab) and worked a treat! Not overpriced either!

Would stay again!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Coming back from our summer vacation (traveling with two kids), we staid for two nights here to visit the city. As we had a late arrival, probably the gave us the last apartment, as it has a deep smell (like a flood from the past) and dirty (dust, dirty electrical switches, stains on curtains, etc). Our complains to the receptionist, had no result, as they were fully booked, but he promise to take note and inform the manager :). On the last day, cherry on the cake, both hot and cold water were switched off, with no prior information. only in the morning, when the water was already switched off. the way the personnel decided to act, stating "it's not our fault, it is the city council", almost being rude and yelling to us (there were more people in the lobby), left me a bad taste. As a positive point is the location, on a walking distance from the city center. The lack of mannerliness of the personnel and the dirty apartment still stands for me. By the way I stayed on the 4th floor

Room Tip: make a strong point on the cleanness of the room before arrival
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Hotel A, Customer Service Assistant at Agape Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write about us. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. We regret to hear that our apartment didn’t meet your expectations. We always try to do our best to make guest satisfied. We always pay special attention to the guest complaints, so I hope you will be more satisfied next time, if you visit us again.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I stayed in a one bedroom apartment which had it's own kitchen area and bathroom with bath and shower.
I just used it as a place to sleep so didn't use any of the kitchen facilities except for the fridge to keep drinks cold.
The whole foot print was a very decent size and the apartment was maintained to a very acceptable standard,
The TV had four Hungarian channels which were really not much use to me at all.
The free wi fi was a bit patchy but I was able to pick up another none encrypted one which was better for free.
The establishment is fantastically located in District 7, the Jewish Quarter, which is a very lively and up and coming area. There are many bars and restaurants an shops on the doorstep of the hotel. There are number of Ruin Bars about 50 yards down the same road and the famous Szimpla Kert is only about 5 miutes walk away. Gozsdu Udvar is about 10 minutes walk away and you can walk down to the rive/centre in about 15- 20 minutes. There are endless bars and restaurants and street food options to drop into as you walk in any direction. We were there for 3 days and we didn't take public transport once, preferring to discover Budapest by foot - the centre is actually quite compact.
The road the hotel is located on is quite noisy at night so you do have to keep the balcony doors shut at night. Not all rooms have air con but the fans are quite effective.
Reasonably priced too.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Simontees
Hotel A, Customer Service Assistant at Agape Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review you shared with us. I was delighted to read all your kind words about your room. Also I would like to thank you for pointing out our great location, as well. I truly hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel soon. Sincerely,
Evelin Németh