3,762 results
All reviews great location traditional hotel metro station central location within walking distance lovely hotel deluxe room buffet breakfast elizabeth bridge hop on hop street noise pleasant stay the river jewish quarter visit budapest the air conditioning public transport
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Beautiful original surroundings and architecture in bar and restaurant. Rooms were comfortable but in need of some freshening up and attention to detail. Restaurant prices on the high side for the food served, but it was in the city and a hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
DHFrontOfficeManager, Vezető at Danubius Hotel Astoria City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Tartanhen,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you very much for being so generous to share your opinion about our hotel.
It makes me incredibly happy to know that you were impressed by our beautiful surroundings and with the architecture. Also, I am delighted that you found your room comfortable. However, I am so sorry that you feel the prices at the restaurant were a bit high, but you can be entirely sure that you will always get the best quality of everything.
Thank you for your review again and I hope that you will choose us again, where you are in Budapest.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Overall lovely and historically very interesting hotel especially location . Our bathroom was looking tired with damage to door and wall and loose shower fittings . Breakfast good. Room service good. Felt pressurised to tip.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DHFrontOfficeManager, Vezető at Danubius Hotel Astoria City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear dcamer251293,

I would like to express my gratitude to you for sharing your experiences with us on Tripadvisor.
First of all, it is wonderful to see that you deemed our hotel lovely and highlighted our location, I hope you could explore Budapest without any difficulties. Also, I am happy that you were fulfilled with our breakfast and you enjoyed the provided service. However, I am deeply sorry that you feel the bathroom was not the most perfect part of your accommodation.
Once again, thank you very much for your feedback, it would be great if we could welcome you again in our charming hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The hotel is located in an excellent spot. It is close to the metro and center. However, the bed was uncomfortable and the pillows the worst we have ever slept on. In addition the room was very dusty.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear hagarshe,

I would like to say thank you for writing down your thoughts and impressions about our hotel, it means a lot to us.

On the one hand, I was really glad to learn that you found the location of our charming hotel excellent, it is really easy to get to any point of Budapest from here due to the fact that the metro station is only a few steps from the hotel.
On the other hand, I am really sorry that you had some inconveniences, our staff is always ready to help our dear visitors, so don’t hesitate to turn to them in the future whether if you have a question, problem or request.

Overall, I hope that you will give us one more chance to prove our professionalism, we will always do our best to win your pleasure.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The Danubius is perfectly located next to the Astoria metro line, and numerous tram and bus lines making it an excellent base for exploring Budapest. The hotel has an interesting history, and rooms are nicely decorated.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear graemeshinnie,

Thank you very much for having chosen our Danubius Hotel Astoria City Center during your recent visit to the Hungarian capital city.

I hope that we managed to meet all the expectations you had concerning our hotel, and that you spent some flawless days here. It filled me with great happiness that you mentioned the great location of our hotel, this place is perfect for you if you wish to discover our beautiful capital without travelling an hour to the city center. Furthermore, it is amazing that you loved your room as it was lovely decorated, we strive to do our very best to meet the high expectations of our dear visitors.

I would like you to thank you again for your feedback, it would be so nice to greet you again in our hotel one day.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Found it to be centrally located (right above a metro station) and good value for money. Room was a little spartan but clean. Quite pleased overall with experience there and would book there again if I was back in Budapest.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DHFrontOfficeManager, Vezető at Danubius Hotel Astoria City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear thesoo76,
I would like to thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and impressions with us on Tripadvisor, it means a lot to our group.
To begin with, I am extremely glad to know that you highlighted our central location, I hope you could explore Budapest without any difficulties. Further on, I am glad that you found our hotel a good value for money and your room clean.
Thank you again for your kind words and I really hope that you will return to our hotel sooner or later.

Warm regards,