“Perfect holiday”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #16 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I've just spent 4 nights in the Royal Corinthia Budapest. Everything was excellent. Executive room in the inner couryard was spacious and silent. All the people working there are very respectful and strive to make you happy and comfortable. Swimming pool is excellent. The Rickshaw restaurant in the premises is very good. I also recommend the 50 BAR restaurant in 48, Frankel Leo, just five tram stops from the hotel. It's worth the trip! Don't miss the chocolate cake. Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MCE14
SzabolcsSz, Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

I cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback on your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to read that you were satisfied with our staff and services. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (7,457)

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my girlfriends 30th birthday based on the many reviews on trip advisor. I think most people when going to a river based city are urged to book hotels directly on the river but please reconsider, this hotel by comparison is good value, grand and beautiful both outside and inside.
My experience of the hotel was on arrival being upgraded to a junior suite, this was located on the second floor at the front of the hotel. There was sparkling wine and fruit for us both to unwind with which was lovely, the check in staff were very helpful and courteous.
I cannot recall the name of the belboy who helped us with out bags but he explained the history of the hotel as we were taken to our room, he along with all the staff we encountered were helpful, welcoming and made a good experience great. There grasp of english was also fantastic and should not be a concern for any english travellers, in addition many staff carry badges with the additional languages spoken by them. I observed German and russian being routinely spoken but I would imagine many more.
The room was large with a front located bedroom with balcony to the road outside, a long corridor with a full dressing area a bathroom and second toilet. We also had a large lounge area at the rear for comfortable seating. The room was clean and tidy with everything we would need along with a turn down service every evening.
My only complaint would be that the heating aspect of the aircon didnt seem to do much and on occasion the room felt chilly to my girlfriend, the room is very large though with high ceilings which may be a factor. Another aspect that may put people off is that the front rooms looking out onto the road are noisey with traffic/trams emergency vehicles etc. The first night we struggled initially to sleep but after all the walking etc we slept perfectly after that and did not notice outside for the rest of the trip. If you are a light sleeper perhaps asking for a rear or internal room would be better.
The hotel also has an exective area which can be accessed by the lifts or stairs, I cannot comment on this as we did not use it.
The hotel has a spar within it premises which we did have access to and consists of a pool, steam room, sauna rooms and two jacuzzis. Staff are on hand for any additional treatments but these are paid for. This area was fantastic and was the perfect way to relax and unwind after lots of sight seeing, you are given robes and slippers to wear from you room to this facility which is nice, seek out the lift on the north side of the hotel to access this without walking through the lobby.
This hotel has several eateries and a bar the only one of which we used was the breakfast room every morning for convienience. We paid for the breakfast deal every morning which gave a buffet experience. The food in my opinion was great with a large selection of options along with coffee's, teas etc. Get there early and you can eat in the open foyer area with vaulted ceilings and wonderful airy feeling, you can see out the glass atrium all the way to the 5th floor.
The cost of food & drink at the hotel will probably be more than you would expect, in my opinion it is expensive as you can find everything locally or with a bit of searching in the city for significantly less money. What i would say is the prices are expensive for Budapest but are no more than what we pay at home, if you want convienience then my experience of food and drink at breakfast time were good and worth the money. If you are on a budget then cheaper options can be easily found.
Some people have complained about the location, please dont be concerned about this. The hotel is not on the river but is still in a convienient location for those who enjoy walking as it is in a more central location, about 15 minutes to the river front or the same if you head to maybe hero square or the shopping centre. If walking is not your thing or perhaps you are feeling less dextrous there are very good tram service's from the front of the hotel which with a map will get you all over the city with ease, also a short walk to the Ocktogon Metro (about 4 mins) will get you access to the metro system which again is quick and clean for getting all over the city.
Dont be concerned about language barriers outside of the hotel either, we had none at all and used the tram and metro routinely. We brought a 24 hour ticket one day (1550huf) from the Ocktogon Metro which was useful and allowed use for that period on trams and metro and buses with out restriction, in retrospect i would purchase a 72 hour ticket about (3500 huf) and use the public system throughout as its clean and very convienient. Having these pases also means you only get it stamped by the seller and dont have to worry about stamping when boarding anything.
Individual tickets require stamping in the oragne/red boxes at stations and on trams when you board, if you dont there is a fine if you are stopped.

All in all our trip was fantastic and made only better by this wonderful hotel. Some people will always find things to complain about but from my experience as a fairly seasoned traveller the problems are insignificant compared to the benefits of this hotel.

Book it, stay here and enjoy.

We certainly did and will return if we go back to Budapest.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter night avoid the front rooms of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Trev79
SzabolcsSz, Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experiences about your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and your girlfriend had a great birthday here. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Corinthia in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

The Grand Hotel is still GRAND! Excellent service and very accomadating.
Well done by keeping up the the high standards & look forward to coming again soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but if you can afford go for the Executive Rooms with all the perks included.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing Corinthia Hotel Budapest again. I am happy to read you were satisfied again with ou staff and services. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon .

Reviewed 4 April 2012

This hotel impressed from the moment of our arrival the lobby is very impressive the rooms smart and the breakfast one of the best we have had with enough choice for everyone.
The spa was lovely.The staff were very efficient and helpful, they could not do enough for you.
The position of the hotel was great, most of the restaurants and nightlife appeared to be on this side of the river and very central for sightseeing
Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ollypolly
SzabolcsSz, Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

My sincerest thanks for your review of the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am glad to read that you were impressed by our hotel. Thank you for your recommendation and the nice words. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Kindest regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2012

My friends took me to this hotel as a birthday surprise. And it was just that!
Excellent hotel. We stayed in a 2 bed apartment and it was great! We had everything we needed, from 2 bathrooms, to a coffee pot and dish washer.
Staff are very friendly and took us personally to our room.
Excellent spa!
Prime location - a couple of minutes to the main strip with restaurants and a good bar 2 doors down from hotel.
One thing did very slightly disappoint me: the consierge was not very helpful.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay again!

Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank IanD10

I am really pleased to read that you had a great birthday at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest's Royal Residences. Many thanks for the kind words about our hotel and the Royal Spa. I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.