“A bounty of nature harnessed well”

Szechenyi Baths and Pool
Ranked #1 of 132 Spas & Wellness in Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The palace-like edifice contains a huge thermal pool where people often play chess while immersed in chest-high, and very hot, water.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018

These more than 100 years old Baths are one of the largest natural hot spring Spa Baths in Europe.The geo-thermal pools with their therapeutical powers are truly invigorating. And they are open on all days without any holidays. In fact, the rush on holidays is that much more.

Write a ReviewReviews (24,465)
All reviews
in 128 reviews
"baths"
in 4,730 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This was on my to do list. Outside pool was the best. Inside, the building is tired and lacks any character. Spent 2 hours here which was enough.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I heard a lot for the outdoor thermal bath in Budapest. But being there and being part of this unique experience it’s more than fantastic.
Outdoor and indoor pools different thermal waters.
Next time I will try definitely beer bath.
Don’t miss this experience.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

A little too busy and not fully open for an Easter Sunday visit. Enjoyable and felt relaxed when I came out but would have preferred a few less visitors. Our friends visited the day before and said that there were far less visitors on the Saturday. I would still recommend the experience as we all had fun and enjoyed the visit.