Ferenc Hopp Museum of Asiatic Arts

Budapest Bike Tour
170 Reviews
from USD 32.70
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

The Asian museum is located about halfway up Andrasy street towards Heroes' square. The museum is closed Mondays and open Tues - Sun from 10AM - 6PM. The library is open Tues/Weds from 10AM - 3PM. There are various permanent and temporary exhibits.

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

One of two Asian themed museums in the popular Andrassy avenue area of Pest. Interesting exhibits both inside and in the garden, a visit can be combined with a walk to the Heroes square.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

Some very interesting photos from the past. I only went because by hotel was nearby and I had the Budapest card and entrance was included. I enjoyed seeing the building it was in since it was probably an old house and that was somewhat interesting.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

I've never read the tale of genji, Japan's most famous literary set of poems. It was hard for me to follow the references to this tale of genji at the temp exhibit on Heido Period. I do like the interactive games in the exhibit such as identifying the scents in the game. The exhibit took up 4 small rooms total and it took me less than an hour to go through them all, reading every English label card in all the items. I was mostly confused on why certain items were relate to Tale of Genji, which may have to do with the fact that I've never read the book before. For the admissions price of 1,000 HUF, I would recommend it as a short museum visit before you head off to the House of Terror museum, which was en route on my museum map.

Reviewed 5 May 2015

The description of the Museum says that there are 20.000 objects from a range of Asian Countries to be seen. Reality in May 2015: Two tiny rooms with a temporary exhibition of some Hungarian travelling to India. That was not what we expected at all. Advise: Before you go there: check what Exhibition they have. There is no permanent Exhibition.