2,858 results
All reviews chain bridge beautiful hotel art nouveau concierge staff danube river view luxury hotel famous chain perfect location top floor high ceilings an upgrade hotel restaurant christmas market buda castle visiting budapest buda side evesham
Reviewed 4 October 2005

I made a last-minute reservation (booked online and moved in on the same day) at the Gresham Palace when my original Budapest accommodation didn't work out, and am I ever glad I made the change! I cannot say enough about this beautiful palace of a hotel. This is how five star service should be - perfect in every way. For 199 Euros a night, I had a luxurious room with a very grand bathroom and breakfast included (either via room service or the restaurant) each morning. The breakfast was delicious, including a pitcher of fresh-squeezed orange juice, plentiful and varied - although I did fall in love with the lemon-ricotta pancakes and the fruit brioche french toast. The room service was also excellent, and very accommodating of my food allergies. The service overall was top-notch, very efficient and courteous. Wonderful location, close to everything which is appreciated in a city as walkable as Budapest. Great piano bar from which one could soak in the gorgeous architecture. Congratulations to the Four Seasons for restoring this Art Nouveau palace - it is a real gem, in a gem of a city. I stayed at the Gresham Palace for a week, and it made my trip to Budapest extra-special. I am now spoiled when it comes to hotels, and I can't wait to return to the Gresham!

Date of stay: September 2005
13  Thank Eudoxxia
Reviewed 3 October 2005

We visited Sept 4-8. We have stayed in many 5 star hotels. This is the most beautiful one we have ever seen. The service was typical four seasons-- excellent. Budapest is a great city to visit but if the whole trip was only inside this hotel it would have been sufficient.

7  Thank jebby
Reviewed 25 September 2005

We stayed two nights at the Gresham and found it to be one of the best hotels we've stayed at in recent years. First the location at the foot of the Chain Bridge is so centrally located that we walked everywhere from the time we arrived until we left. Second, our room was large, superbly appointed with a very large bathroom and awesome shower. Third, the service was old style European: attentive, prompt, and unobtrusive. We only ate breakfast at the hotel but the range and quality of selections was more than adequate. Marta at the concierge desk found us restaurants that were primarily used by locals but still spoke English passably. Our only regret was that we had just two nights at the Gresham.

Date of stay: September 2005
30  Thank wmccfp
Reviewed 31 August 2005

We expect a lot from the Four Seasons hotels, and the Gresham Palace delivers. From the moment we arrived at 8:30 am after a weary all night train, we were swept up in luxury. They allowed us to check in several hours early, we upgraded to a room with a direct view of the river and the Chain Bridge [350 Euro], and the view was spectacular. Our room included breakfast and we usually enjoyed it served in our room while watching the people stroll along the bridge. The room had a spacious marble bathroom, a large sitting area, and 15 foot ceilings. We were pampered the whole time.

The concierge recommended and booked river tours, dinners, and anything we could dream up. This is a perfect base for walking through the city.

The top floor of the hotel has a beautiful spa with state of the art workout room, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, and infinity pool.

Make sure you have dinner at Tom George restaurant behind the hotel. Young, hip, fun, with a great menu, but make sure you make a reservation. Watch out for the private cab companies, they will usually double the normal cab fares.

Date of stay: August 2005
13  Thank Explorer22289
Reviewed 30 August 2005

Four Seasons Hotels have a certain cachet. This one is probably a little better than most, given that it is located in an old palace, the Gresham Palace to be precise. That means that the architecture of the place is simply over the top. Although the weather was quite bad in mid-summer, with constant rain, this hotel was a wonderful refuge. The main restaurant was superb. Without question, this is the place to stay in Budapest.

Date of stay: July 2005