“Excellent!”

Ranked #3 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Athens, Greece
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We visited Budapest two weeks ago for a three night stay and everything was perfect.

I did contact the hotel in order to sort out some things prior to our arrival as this was suppose to be a "special occasion". The Concierge was very helpful with sorting out airport transfers, forwarding my reservation request to the restaurant manager and some small touches.

Upon arrival at BUD airport our driver was waiting for us, he was really kind and it was one of the few times that we didn't experience any awkward moments (maybe it's just me but happens a lot).

Upon arrival at the hotel the hotel's staff was expecting us at the front door. They escorted us to our room where we actually checked in there. Our room was a Deluxe Danube view room on the 4th floor. The view was magnificent.

Breakfast was excellent at the Gresham restaurant and the staff there was really kind. Concierge provided us with a "bag" that had essentials like slippers, towels and toiletries for the thermal baths which really nice.

Concierge was really good and they were able to sort out last minute requests. For example I forgot to order flowers for the Valentine's day and when on the same morning I remembered it, I ask them if it is possible to send flowers right now, before my girlfriend finishes her breakfast. They did it successfully and after 45 minutes when we went to out room the flowers were there.

I cannot praise the property enough for the quality of the offerings that they have, but for me the small touches count. I really liked something that many guests may not find it that important (but shows the quality of the service).

Every day I was waking up at 07:00, which is late for the free coffee that they do serve at the lobby (05.30-07.00) and too early for my girlfriend :) . So, as I wanted to have breakfast with her, I was making my way to the Gresham restaurant and I was asking for a take-away cup of coffee. The staff was happy to provide it, without asking which room number and things like that, most importantly the second day they didn't ask me how I would like my coffee, they were able to remember it.

As a hotel owner, I really know how much difficult are those details and I really appreciate it, those small things show the quality to the service.

Room Tip: Book a Danube view
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Potakas
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Gresham Palace for this special occasion and for your kind feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay. I was delighted to read that you were pleased with our facilities and that you and your girlfriend had a memorable stay. I am glad that you appreciated the small touches that make great service. Our aim is to provide a personalized experience for each and every one of our guests and I am happy to know that we succeeded.
Thank you for pointing out the efficient and attentive service provided by our staff, especially the Concierge and Gresham Restaurant, I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with them.

Yves Giacometti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The hotel is located very well, by the river Danube. Very good restaurants with nice Hungarian Cusine. Very interesting sites - churches, castles, baths.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marina V
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
I would like to thank you for your feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace. I was happy to read that you were pleased with our location and the services provided by our staff and that you enjoyed your stay in Budapest.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I had last stayed at the Gresham Palace in 2009 and am pleased to say that the hotel is still as beautifully maintained and as faultlessly managed as it was three years ago. Even 5-star lux properties occasionally suffer neglect over time, so I was pleased to see the continued attention to detail that makes this Four Seasons an especially fine property.

I was indeed happy to visit again with the extremely gracious Richard Koos and to also build a new relationship with Shirley Catubao. I was traveling solo over my birthday, and they were especially kind to provide both a complimentary upgrade and a cake for the occasion. Their friendship certainly made me feel both welcomed and at home, and all my staff interactions were uniformly positive.

The winter season is an exceptional time to enjoy the hotel in my estimation, as the lighter occupancy and the typically discrete nature of the clientele lends a feel of leasing a private residence, and I appreciate the hushed and bespoke luxury on offer.

As others have indicated, the property is an architectural gem both in and out and it invites you to linger over a cocktail or simply amble around to appreciate the design, materials, and quality of the restoration, as I recall the state of the building before its current life as the Four Seasons.

I also give quite high marks to both the spa and the Gresham Kavehaz restaurant, and even if one were staying in another Pest luxury property, I would highly recommend enjoying the restaurant, as I find it leagues ahead of other hotel restaurants and very much in the same price point. Even better, I encourage you to make the Four Seasons your outpost, as it is perfectly located for both business and leisure guests, and it offers a luxury experience that soars above the other 5-star properties in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank TurtleCreekTraveller
Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace.

I was delighted to see that you were generally satisfied with our facilities and services and that you appreciated the “hushed and bespoke luxury on offer”. Thank you for mentioning the excellent condition of the building as well as the attention to detail. I was glad to read that Richard Koos, Assistant Front Desk Manager and Shirley Catubao, Front Desk Agent made you feel at home in our Palace on your birthday.
I also appreciate your kind words about our Spa and Gresham Restaurant.

Best regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This hotel taken over by The Four Seasons chain is a former palace restored to all of its former glory.
Upon arriving i have to say it was jaw dropping!
It is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever laid eyes on.
The service is unbelievavble and its not just that the employees are good they are proud of the hotel and are happy to be there and it shows.
The rooms are what you expect from a Four Seasons absolute perfection.
If you are able to splurge then get a superior room or suite with a view of Pest.
I would stay here again in a second!!

Room Tip: Room with a view!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank girlinmotion101
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
I would like to thank you for your feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace last June. I was very happy to read that you were impressed with our stunning Palace and that you were pleased with the services provided by our staff. It has always been our aim to hire employees with a positive attitude who are able to embrace the Four Seasons philosophy and share our common values. I was delighted to learn from you that we succeeded.
Best regards,

Antibes, France
Reviewed 17 February 2012

As you would expect at this level, great service, beautiful building with a fascinating history, exellent concierge, gorgeous rooms, overall, money well spent.
Perfect location for exploring Budapest too!

Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BrightonBecki
Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace. I was delighted to read that you were pleased with the services provided by our staff and that you enjoyed exploring this beautiful Palace as well as Budapest.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.